Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have sent my DH, parents and DS off to see Thomas the Tank Engine in heavy rain, whilst I sit alone in warm house and Mumsnet ?

(9 Posts)
rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 11:09:54

I have not been well this week and have been off work. My parents came up to look after our DS yesterday and stayed over until today.

I had bought tickets in advance for DS to go on the Thomas train. After this, and my disastrous fair prebooking where it also rained torrentially most of the day, I now know never to book anything in advance.

As I'm not feeling 100% I didn't relish the thought of ferrying DS round in the mud so parents offered to go with DH instead.

I'm now feeling mildly guilty as it is bucketing down and my parents are going to hate it. Not too guilty about DH as I'm often doing things on my own with DS. I suppose I could have come along, but I didn't feel up to it.

I need some nice people to say there, there, you did the right thing.

GentleOtter Sat 09-Aug-08 11:16:11

You did the right thing and I for one am quite {envy}

Enjoy your time to yourself and do not feel guilty.

Hecate Sat 09-Aug-08 11:17:38

no. Very unreasonable.

You should have had them swing by and pick my lot up! grin

<drools at thought of whole day alone!>

Poppycake Sat 09-Aug-08 11:20:57

YANBU. Obviously! D'uh!

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 11:21:24

Oh I am enjoying it, may go off soon and watch some of the Desperate Housewives DvDs box set that someone lent me.

May have to russle up a loaf or something so I can pretend to DH that I was gainfully employed when he was away.

MarsLady Sat 09-Aug-08 11:48:53

Good girl! grin

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 09-Aug-08 14:31:35

Enjoy the Desperate Housewives box set . YANBU. I would have done the same. BTW, if I were you, would pop to shop, purchase rustic looking loaf and place in oven 10 minutes before they are due home

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 14:35:07

Ah they are back now, and DS is having a bit snooze exhausted with his Thomas excitement. Luckily the weather has cleared up and DH is in the greenhouse watering his plants, so all is right with the world.

citronella Sat 09-Aug-08 14:38:16

Come on, you KNOW YANBU!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now