Talk

Advanced search

Fuming paid HOBBS outlet £89 for a coat that was £49 in shops/site!!

(7 Posts)
pickie Sat 09-Aug-08 11:07:45

Am absolutely fuming, yesterday I bought a coat in Bicester village and because one of the buttons was loose they gave me 10% off. Was told at the till that because of the discount the coat had no warranty which was fine with me.

So noticed on their website that the coat was £49 plus now recall I tried the same coat on in town but they only had the bigger sizes left so didnt buy one!

went back this morning with coat and wanted a refund or the same price as in all other Hobbs shops. No they said as we gave you 10% off the item is non returnable. I said I didnt want it returned but the money overpaid back or a voucher for the difference.

I paid nearly double the price for the same coat but with all labels removed and a loose botton!

Store manager back in tomorrow so will call her and see but well pissed off with them!!

rant over (for now grin)

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 11:23:29

Its a difficult one. Sometimes shop discount things because they only have certain sizes left and I don't want to rub salt on your wounds but you did agree to the terms and conditions.

I feel your pain though. I'd be annoyed. I think I'd try grovelling rather than being pissed off to begin with, they might take pity on you.

pickie Sat 09-Aug-08 13:55:14

thanks Rookie just annoyed with myself really that I asked for a discount yesterday because a botton was loose, hadnt I done that it would have been fine BUT they said because of 10% discount no warranty but not that is wasnt refundable so see what store manager thinks about it.

Real shame though as takes away good feeling about finally finding a good coat!

NicMac Sun 10-Aug-08 08:06:48

Would write to their head office, this is clearly not right. They should value you are a customer.

escape Sun 10-Aug-08 08:13:53

I would absolutely take it further
don't write - call them

pickie Sun 10-Aug-08 11:29:42

grin just spoken to the store manager and she was very apologetic and will refund the difference.

thanks for the advice!

warthog Sun 10-Aug-08 13:03:50

feel your pain.

bought a coat from them that broke after 3 weeks. they agreed to fix it and when i went back to collect - a 2 week wait - they hadn't even done it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now