Talk

Advanced search

To have a hen do when dp isn't having a stag do?

(12 Posts)
Kaedsmum Sat 09-Aug-08 10:15:22

His friends stag dos have ended in situations like being left 20 miles away naked with not so much as a phone. So he's not really wanting one.

But would it be out of order for me to have a hen do? We all know they're asking for trouble but it's not like I'd cheat.

CvQ Sat 09-Aug-08 10:18:40

no.thats his lookout.go for it!!!grin

crokky Sat 09-Aug-08 10:18:49

I didn't have a hen do, but DH had a stag do. I think as long as you both agree it's fine. [However, one of DH friends got arrested on his stag night].

solidgoldbrass Sat 09-Aug-08 10:20:31

Does he want you not to have one? If so, I hope you are not marrying a stick-up-the-arse control freak who doesn't see the point of 'fun' and doesn't want you to have any friends.
Otherwise, why shouldn't you have one? It's up to him what he does (you could suggest to him that he books his mates in for a weekend of girly pampering at a spa...)

No go for it, My dh went to prague for 3 nights. I had a night out arranged suprise for me around our local town.
Cant stand night life not bothered about drinking apart from few glasses of wine.
Sounding a bit ungrateful sorry

Mum said we should have gone away too.
wish I had now. So you go for it and enjoy grin

Night life in my local town was what I meant. Do enjoy going out though ish...

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 10:25:54

YANBU, but whatever you do make sure that

a) Whatever you do is affordable and inclusive
b)If you are dressed up as a policewoman/playboy bunny/mad pink stetsoned lady, you stay out of sight of all mumsnetters.

Now off you go and enjoy your phallic banana.

JamieJay Sat 09-Aug-08 10:41:51

Not at all.

It was the other way around when we got married. DH had a boys weekend in Torquay (I think - it was somewhere down that way anyhow hmm). I hated the idea of a hen night so didn't bother doing anything.

Mamazon Sat 09-Aug-08 10:44:03

why are they asking for trouble?
It's a night out with your friends to enjoy yourself one last time before th ewedding.

if he chooses not to have one its up to him, nothing to do with whether you should have one or not.

of course you should have a Hen do, and i should come along!

katiepotatie Sat 09-Aug-08 10:45:34

Go ahead it's his choice not to have a stag do. Have fun grin

Kaedsmum Sat 09-Aug-08 10:53:45

Sounds good then, I'll get planning! He wants me to have one which is good.

The last one he went to his mate pushed him off a pier and he snapped his knee, then there was a huge fight. So in all honestly I'm secretly hoping he doesn't come round to the idea of a stag do as he'll be hobbling down the aisle on crutches no doubt lol.

mamazon- you're very wwelcome to come lol but be prepared for glitter, tack and dressing up grin

2point4kids Sat 09-Aug-08 13:15:55

DH never got around to doing anything about a stag do before we got married.
I had a big old hen weekend and invited ALL my friends (male and female lol)
In the end, seeing as lots of my friends are his friends too, DH came along and we turned it into a joint thing.
It was fab. One night all out together then next night split boy/girl!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now