Talk

Advanced search

Or just regressing to my teenage years here?

(5 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Sat 09-Aug-08 01:45:42

Tomorrow DS and I are going to the parent-and-toddler group barbecue. There will almost certainly be music being played there. SO I have spent a big chunk of tonight burning a CD of our favourite songs in order to spare me DS from having to listen to wall-to-wall fucking High School Musical (which I have just worked out why I hate so much it gives me hives - of course it's not music it's a merchandising tool. That's why all the songs are just the most familiar riffs from half a dozen cheesy one-hit-wonders jammed together with no logic or actual interest in music).

Now while the idea of burning a CD made up entirely of Andrew WK and Atari Teenage Riot did momentarily appeal, I have honestly included all the songs DS loves, like Ca Plane Pour Moi and the Zutons plus various Hanna Barbera things: Banana Splits, Josie And The Pussycats. Following on from that other thread about exposing your DC to popular culture, DS has been exposed to the songs from HSM but I expose him to shitloads of different music and so far he seems to like the good stuff better...

LieselBollyKnickers Sat 09-Aug-08 10:11:02

You are quite right. DS has good taste. DD1 (6) favourite song is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John follwed by Karma Chameleon

lulumama Sat 09-Aug-08 10:15:55

i love ca plane pour moi !

totally agree with your opionion of HSM

however, aren't p&t BBQs totally mundane wink

solidgoldbrass Sat 09-Aug-08 10:17:10

Two important words, Lulumama. Free drink grin.

lulumama Sat 09-Aug-08 10:17:28

go forth and enjoy, my child! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now