Talk

Advanced search

TO BE HACKED OFF WITH COUNCIL EMPTYING DUSTBINS AT 3.45AM IN THE MORNING!!!!!

(14 Posts)
Tas1 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:12:45

Was woken at 3.45 this morning with the dust cart bleeping as it was reversing into the carpark of the office block at the back of my house. Then there was the shunting backwards and forwards trying to get in position to empty a large double blue bin.
Then the crashing of the bin being emptied and then the dustcart driving off.
All this at 3.45am in the morning!!![ANGRY]

FFS PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!

babblington Fri 08-Aug-08 18:18:38

Hi - I had exactly this problem every Tuesday at 5.30am (reversing truck shouting 'THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING! STAND CLEAR! BEEP BEEP BEEP!') and complained repeatedly to the council - they did absolutely nothing as you can imagine. Then one day I noticed a yellow sign on my street which says midnight - 9.00am 6.30pm - Midnight 5 tonne trucks and buses forbidden. So I ran the council again and told them they were breaking their own stupid rules and it stopped.
Check for signs!

Tas1 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:36:19

Thanks babblington I will.

nametaken Fri 08-Aug-08 18:48:48

Err!!!!

That simply cannot be legal.

unfitmother Fri 08-Aug-08 18:53:48

No!! that's awful shock

Mercy Fri 08-Aug-08 18:54:14

yanbu!

We used to have a milkman who would start his rounds at 3.30 during the summer. I know a mill van isn't niosy compared to a rubbish truck but even so.

We have skip trucks that start zooming up our road at between 6/6.30 a.m (we are in a low speed zone, allegedly) A neighbour did actually phone the number on the truck which invites you to comment re their driving!

sparklesandnowinefor11weeks Fri 08-Aug-08 19:04:49

you need to go on this thread

shock

yanbu

PrincessPeaHead Fri 08-Aug-08 19:10:12

write them a letter saying that a council rubbish truck has been making collections at 3.45am, you have been documenting the activity, this is a legal nuisance, and if they do not stop immediately you will be going to court to seek an injunction, which you will get, and they will have to pay all the costs of.

ThingOne Fri 08-Aug-08 19:46:43

Is it a council rubbish truck? Commercial refuse collections are open to competition. In my town there are several operators so you may need to check the name of the firm.

Keep a diary and complain. Noise is an environmental health matter.

CountessDracula Fri 08-Aug-08 19:49:39

well I guess they can't do it at 3.45am in the afternoon wink
It is bloody ridiculous

CompletelyDotty Fri 08-Aug-08 19:51:13

never heard of them doing it that early in the morning i must say!

barnsleybelle Fri 08-Aug-08 19:53:48

That's SHOCKING. I get well fooked off when they come at 6.30am!!!

wb Fri 08-Aug-08 19:55:50

Def complain. WE used to live in the city centre and for a while got woken up every morning at 5am by the lorry that collects the empty bottles from nearby pubs/clubs (I can sleep through most anything but this was LOUD). We and the neighbors complained to the company involved. Their argument was that they wanted to beat the traffic later in the day hmm

So we then got onto environmental health at the council who set up some noise measuring equipment, found that noise levels did exceed whatever the stated limit is for night time activity and the company were told to hold off 'til 6am.

unknownrebelbang Sat 09-Aug-08 00:33:50

Blimey, and folks complain cos children are playing in their garden at 8 am (or 9.30 pm)!

YANBU btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now