Talk

Advanced search

To want to get xmas out of the way

(15 Posts)
ImnotOK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:38:02

We are skint ,I have started getting stuff prepared for xmas now and dp thinks I am mad .
The way I see it is that if it is sorted now when we have time there will not be a lot of presuure in nov/dec to spend large amounts .

Seasider Fri 08-Aug-08 14:39:11

Good for you, it is an insane time of year, anything to reduce the pressure is a sound idea in my book...

ImnotOK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:42:05

Everything is on sale now too ,I want to be a smug person on the 1st of december and say "ohh it's all done lol" grin

Bumdiddley Fri 08-Aug-08 14:48:51

Oh see I thought you were going to be all bah humbug and complain about your family grin

YANBU - Good idea

PuppyMonkey Fri 08-Aug-08 14:49:49

Do it and be smug when the rest of us are fretting.

Love2bake Fri 08-Aug-08 15:31:39

YANBU

I am already planning what to buy and will probably start soon.

hanaflower Fri 08-Aug-08 15:32:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 08-Aug-08 15:34:11

Well DC2 is due on 21 Dec, so I plan to do as much prep early as poss. Online shopping beckons...

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 08-Aug-08 15:35:49

I'll be starting early too as soon as schools go back, limited budget and really have to pull ourselves in this year.

Shoegazer Fri 08-Aug-08 20:45:49

I've already started, in fact I started in January blush I already have 90% of DD's presents bought in the sales. So if YABU then so am I!

Roboshua Fri 08-Aug-08 20:57:56

I always start when they go back to school buying bits and peices. It makes Christmas a lot more bearable not just from a cost issue but also fighting round the shops near Christmas. The only problem is I always find some item bought for Christmas in the middle of January which I'd hidden soemwhere and forgotten about!!

mumeeee Fri 08-Aug-08 21:01:20

YABU.it's summer and in our family we refuse to think about Christmas until October.

VickyPea Fri 08-Aug-08 21:02:00

The shops are getting ready too, I came back from my summer holidays two weeks ago and Asda had their perfume counter hung with tinsel and a bloody Christmas tree !! Give us a chance to have a summer first FGS! I do agree with you though, I have started thinking about buying things, you know, just to be prepared and all that.

Elkat Fri 08-Aug-08 21:11:32

I do the same too. I'm realllly sad, because about now, I sit and work out a list of what my DDs want, and the cheapest place I can get them from and how much. I will then keep that list on me, and if I see anything cheaper than on my list, I'll pick it up. Although I have to admit, I did pick up a few things in the january sales blush. Though in my defence, In Nov and Dec I have also got to buy presents for both my daughters' birthdays and for my husband's birthday too - so it is a mightily expensive time of year for me!

IllegallyBrunette Fri 08-Aug-08 21:15:05

YANBU, I always start mine once the kids go back after summer hols.

Mine all have Nov and Dec birthdays too, so I have to be organised about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now