Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

or is there no such thing as an accident any more???

(6 Posts)
duomonstermum Thu 07-Aug-08 21:41:14

have just had a very irate dad at my back door ranting and raving that DS(11) hit his D(5ish) in the mouth. i dragged DS to the door and asked him to explain to me and her dad exactly what happened. he explained that they had been playing kerb ball and she wanted to join in. she got off her bike and tried to join in and her and DS bumped into each other, his hand hit her mouth and bust her lip. it was a complete accident and he appologised to her.

i had just gotten DD to sleep and the next thing he's at the door hammering so he woke her upangry all the other kids who had been playing were telling him that it was an accident but he wasn't happy with DS apologising. he stormed off muttering something about me not doing enough about it. ffs i wasn't there, it was an accident and DS APPOLOGISED!!!!!! WTF more does he want me to do!!! i can't punish DS for an accident just to please himangryangry

Hecate Thu 07-Aug-08 21:42:20

Some people lose all sense of reason when their child comes in bleeding. grin Don't worry about it.

2shoes Thu 07-Aug-08 21:44:18

yanbu

HonoriaGlossop Thu 07-Aug-08 21:49:16

She should be in bed anyway if she's only 5

and YANBU!

DeeRiguer Thu 07-Aug-08 21:52:54

irate in lambeth? grin
yanbu
over reaction and 5 year old should be in by now too i would have thought..

duomonstermum Thu 07-Aug-08 22:00:11

i know!! ffs i don't go knocking on his door when his DD knocks over DD(19mth). the girl herself is a sweetie but seems to be allowed out till quite late. not that i care. DS is tucked in with DD watching mr.bean's holiday cos she won't settle. they look reeeaal cute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now