Talk

Advanced search

ok am done with the brooding. now i need to know if i am. be gentle[grin]

(54 Posts)
CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:17:12

gahhhh mother has taken it upon herslef to tidy and rearrange my food cupboards after only being here 4 hours.am i being unreasonable to be annoyed or should i be gratefulhmm

be gentlewink

specialmagiclady Wed 06-Aug-08 23:18:31

You SHOULD be grateful, but I would be livid!

Did you ask her to? Or has she just taken it upon herself?

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:19:50

no didnt ask her.she is trying to be helpful in her own very special way gahhhhhh

thumbwitch Wed 06-Aug-08 23:20:14

Id be mad as fire. (Or I would if my mum were still around to do it. ) I get cross enough when DH does it.

How are you supposed to find anything afterwards?? Gahh

HotTrouserCough Wed 06-Aug-08 23:20:49

God woman give her a listgrin
Make use of her lol
Sorry about your arm btw CVQ
x

AnotherFineMess Wed 06-Aug-08 23:20:58

Was about to say "well it's one less job to be done" then thought..."yeah, but how many other jobs would have been more helpful than rearranging rice and titivating tins????

Do you feel like giving her the benefit of the doubt?

PinkTulips Wed 06-Aug-08 23:21:10

ooooo. i'd be fuming angrygrin

how's the wrist today? have you accesorised yet? grin

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:21:29

exactly <more gahhhhhhhhh>

thumbwitch Wed 06-Aug-08 23:25:01

how is your wrist CVQ? good enough to lamp her with? grin.

YANBU - it is a motherly way of indicating that she doesn't feel you're doing it "quite right" - i.e. how SHE would do it. Ask her to write a detailed map of where she has put everything. That'll slow her down.

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:26:35

no accessories yet.j has nursery visit tommorow.dare i leave her alone for an hour.ill come back and would have redecorated <gahhhhhhhhhhhh>

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:27:56

it has crosed my mind thumbwitch.if it wasnt still so sore <pathetic sob>

and more ggaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssss

thumbwitch Wed 06-Aug-08 23:45:55

ah bless, here have a virtual hanky.
Tricky one I know, cos mums tend to take the huff if you suggest that they are not being as helpful as they think they are - and if you ask her not to move anything else, however politely, she might still get the hump.

Give her a pile of ironing/ folding (NOT putting away!!) and washing to do so that she'll be occupied - after all, you'd be a health hazard, trying to iron with a busted wrist (doesn't matter if it's the wrong hand! the plaster will make you clumsy, of course it will, and then you risk burning something!)

Or if you don't have any washing or ironing that needs doing, moan about the state of the curtains (especially nets if you have them) and how you were going to handwash them (hem hem) this week but now you can't (wave plaster pathetically) and it would be lovely if she would do that for you....

evil grin

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:49:29

thumbwitch i will makeup produce a list of pointless usefull jobs for her to do tomorrow grin

am still gahhhhhhhhhhhmm

Dragonbutter Wed 06-Aug-08 23:52:03

you're in plaster? shock

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 06-Aug-08 23:53:24

gaaahhhhhhhh

indeed

<<fill me in about arm - have been away>>

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:54:17

blushyes had a stupid accidnet yesterday morning

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 06-Aug-08 23:55:05

how stupid <<nosey>>

Or should I search archives??

Dragonbutter Wed 06-Aug-08 23:55:35

i've put a picture on my profile page.
what do you think?

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:57:19

stupid CvQ

MrsWeasley Wed 06-Aug-08 23:57:27

oh CVQ my worst nightmare is my mother visiting me, she cant help herself and has to do something. She even came over when I was on holiday once and went through the house doing little jobs. We couldnt find anything for months.

Is she staying over?

CvQ Wed 06-Aug-08 23:58:45

love the building blocks <pats dragonbutter on head>grin

CvQ Thu 07-Aug-08 00:00:05

yes shes sleeping on the sofa downstairs alone gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh what will she have done by morning gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Dragonbutter Thu 07-Aug-08 00:01:00

fanks smile

CvQ Thu 07-Aug-08 00:02:20

can you spell any other big words lol

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 07-Aug-08 00:03:12

bugger me

you don't do stuff by halves do you?

shock

hope you fell better get rid of unwanted-- cupboard-- tidier soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now