Talk

Advanced search

if at 38+3 I just want to lie in bed, watch crap tv, read books and occasionally cry?

(13 Posts)
bohemianbint Wed 06-Aug-08 21:01:35

It's quite irrelevant really, as I have a son who is about to turn 2 and I have to look after him, full time, which is killing me at the moment. I usually get at least a 20 minute disco nap in the day which keeps me going, but today I didn't and it completely ruined me. I couldn't cope with anything this afternoon, DS was climbing the walls and I just ended up in tears for most of the afternoon.

There's not really any help available to me, my iron levels are fine but I'm finding the tiredness absolutely crippling. But I'm well aware other women run marathons or look after 4 kids until they pop or whatever, and am feeling a bit lame cos I really don't feel I can hack feeling like this much longer. sad

duvet Wed 06-Aug-08 21:05:26

Yeah know what you mean about the tirednes I shed a few tears cos of it today. Try zinc supposed I mus t take it again.

theinsider Wed 06-Aug-08 21:08:30

Don't feel lame, YANBU. You only want to, you're not actually doing it and completely neglecting your son. Anyway at 38+3 it won't be too much longer. Maybe the baby will come tonight.

I don't personally know anyone who's run a marathon just before popping grin

PotPourri Wed 06-Aug-08 21:08:54

Message withdrawn

ninah Wed 06-Aug-08 21:10:24

Duh, I thought you meant you were 41!
And STILL YANBU!

PotPourri Wed 06-Aug-08 21:10:26

Sorry about my spelling -wireless keyboard. It is driving me insane. I don't even type all that fast either - grrr!

bohemianbint Wed 06-Aug-08 21:16:44

lol ninah - I feel about 91! Not even 32 until later this year...

Thanks for the replies. I don't think it helps that my mind is constantly ticking away, thinking that I must cook x,y and z for the freezer so we don't all die of starvation after I pop, and that I must stimulate son mentally and physically so that he doesn't go off the rails, etc etc. I tried to get us both sorted for a trip to town this afternoon but after spending 10 minutes fighting to get shoes on the little darling I realised I couldn't face wrestling with car seats and pushchairs, so we abandoned the whole thing and stayed in with CBeebies instead. sad

scouserabroad Wed 06-Aug-08 21:32:26

I so know how you feel, there are 15 months between my two DDs and the last part of DD2 pregancy was soooo tiring, it was actually less tiring once DD2 was actually born, even though she did the whole newborn waking six times a night to feed thing!

Don't worry about cooking and entertaing DS it will all be OK even if you just rest most of the time. It's only for a couple of weeks

FWIW I'd planned to make & freeze meals but didn't get a chance as DD2 was born early. DH revealed hidden talents as a cook tho, and thought about things like the nutritional value of what he was cooking, which made me grin

carrieon Wed 06-Aug-08 21:49:03

I'm only 32 weeks with a 16mo and yesterday I put her in the car to go to the shops but she wouldn't sit in car seat...so we played in the car with the stereo for 20mins and went back indoors! I was balling my eyes out when dh got home with lots of comments of the 'I can't do this for 8 more weeks!' variety. Someone on here helpfully said that I must remember that I'm giving dd a sibling, so being a less-than-perfect mother for a few weeks is doing her good in the long run by providing a play mate! That thought really kept me going today, hope it helps you too.

BitOfFun Wed 06-Aug-08 22:05:35

Read this and was about to say that I regularly feel like, nay, do take little naps, read, neglect kids while on mumsnet, and sometimes blub through being a bit over-tired, and I am only 34...but then I realised you meant ^weeks pregnant^ blush - [slinks away in shame...]

ninah Wed 06-Aug-08 22:10:11

please please relax. You need all the rest you can get. I remember when I was expecting dd I kept trying to stimulate poor old ds (3) with all kinds of extra treats. Remember it will be even more frantic soon so make the most! and forget the freezer, they'll manage!

MogTheForgetfulCat Wed 06-Aug-08 22:42:34

YANBU - late pregnancy v hard, even without a bouncy toddler factored in. I burst into tears at the drop of a hat (probably over something as meaningless as a hat) when pg with DS2.

I took Floradix for energy - v expensive, tasted like water from a vase of dead flowers, goes fizzy if you don't keep it in the fridge (oops) - but helped a bit, even if your iron levels are OK a bit extra can't hurt...

Oh, and sod the freezer - have pasta, jacket spuds, toast and the odd takeaway, it won't be for long!

TheNinkynork Wed 06-Aug-08 22:43:47

YANBU! My DS is 14 months, has never slept more than 3 hours and I always grab sleep when he does.

You need to do what you can to survive. If that means 614 Educational Television whilst burying yourself under a duvet on the sofa for a bit then so be it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now