Talk

Advanced search

Trying to get Divorced!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGHHHHH!!!

(20 Posts)
anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 19:31:44

OK everyne its been 6 years since my seperation i have filled for divorce again...(4th time lucky) but he is saying my name is wrong on the paperwork... ( it has just his surname and not the double barreld name i always used) and refuses to sign it... arrangements for the children are included which he has no quarms with. does anyone know if he hasto sign it to go through as its been six years apart?? having another baby due in dec and really wanted to be divorce before he comes coz i want my maiden name on the paper work at registration not my married name!!! any one have any idea or been through similar situ?? i could scream and make my blood pressure rise even more right now!!!
thank you

bratnav Wed 06-Aug-08 19:36:14

FFS, what does it matter to him? As long as the court is happy that it is correct it should be ok.

It is probably best to put the name you use on the paperwork for the court, but as long as it has your 'married name' on there that is fine. Is that really his only objection, if so, make the change on the paperwork and initial it, DP had to make a minor amendment and the court were fine with it.

HTH

noonki Wed 06-Aug-08 19:45:41

at registration just put your maiden name down - I use both names for different things

good luck

have a big party when it comes through!

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 20:23:33

thank you... so just to get this right i could just add the double barrel bit and intial it?? ill try that then..
dont you just loathe ex husbands!!! LOL
i know i do mine!! and party here we come when it does come through!!

Dummymumm Wed 06-Aug-08 20:33:55

yes i had this situation. i was pg and wanted divorce for birth cert. my solicitor just changed my name by deed poll back to my maiden name before the divorce came through.

Toothache Wed 06-Aug-08 20:35:23

anniepan - after 6 years separation.... you don't need his agreement to Divorce.

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 20:52:54

toothache... tell me more...lol its alreadygone to the court though and now to him to sign so what happens now.. if he doesnt sign does it just go through automatically?? god i hope so!!

Sassib Wed 06-Aug-08 21:02:39

anniepan - I also married a loathesome arse, now my ex. I waited 8 yrs to get rid and I didnt need his agreement. Just signed papers and it went through, in about 6 weeks.

if you go onto a gov site, local district court stuff, you should be able to see there. I think he can't contest it or something after a period of time. Anyway I am now rid.

Good luck

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 21:13:23

thank you.. why dont they seem such arse's at the time???lol although it didnt take me long to work it out... about an hour after saying the vows...lol.lol.lol

Toothache Wed 06-Aug-08 21:18:09

Yes Anniepan - The court will just rule it without his consent.... he'll probably just get the decree final (or whatever) through the post. Sweet.grin

BreeVanderCampLGJ Wed 06-Aug-08 21:20:32

Toothy

How the friggin hell are you ??

TenaciousG Wed 06-Aug-08 21:20:54

It is horrible anniepan, my d sis has just been through all this, her twatty ex threw every obstacle in her way too, was not paying maintenance for her dcs, claimed to have lost marriage cert which was required, so my dsis in despair and eargerness to get frickin rid had to pawn her jewellery to get the money to get a new copy (she did not tell us lot this till after btw; we woudl never have let her). Mind you, she just said 'ha, it's only my engagement and wedding rings, I'm glad to see the bloody back of them' lol.

It will all be over soon wink tho it may feel like a neverending circle of hell right now and a new chapter in your life is just waiting for you, congrats on your pg btw.

Toothache Wed 06-Aug-08 21:22:38

LGJ!!! I'm fiiiiiine how are you?????

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 21:22:41

god i hope so... i just dont need the extra stress right now!!!

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 21:29:28

what makes me smile is he says he wants rid of me... he pays no money for the boys but sees them every wkend and ive never gone on at him for that just coz i want an easy life.. if he wants rid why cant the dick just sign it!!! lol like i said this is the 4th time ive applied for divorce against him... some luck must be coming my way ... i just want a happy life with my boys new fabulous bloke and baby james on his way... and have as little as poss to do with the dick... why oh why does he get in the way all the f**kin time!!

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 21:30:49

now i think i might pawn my rings... they were crap anyway lol...dont know why i still have them anyway! wink

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 21:32:20

Agree to changing your name by deed poll asap.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Wed 06-Aug-08 21:32:45

Agree with changing your name....

TenaciousG Wed 06-Aug-08 21:41:01

Oh yes, get rid of the rings, they are one more thing tying you to someone who is doing your head in, pawn em, melt em down, give em to a random homeless person, whatever, just get rid and fly free as a bird. grin Good luck with your new start, it makes me happy to see people who have moved on from bad marriages, since my dsis keeps saying she hates all men and never wants another one near her ever again.

anniepan Wed 06-Aug-08 22:06:48

I said the same thing.. never again i hate men meant to be on my own forever etc etc.. then popped up oliver and changed everything!!
corr hes great!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now