Talk

Advanced search

To leave 2 of my dd's out of making some buns

(10 Posts)
ImnotOK Wed 06-Aug-08 14:54:16

I promised I wold make some buns with the girls this afternoon .
The two oldest (6 and 8) have been little buggers all day fighting arguing and been rude .I took them all to the local scrap store and we got lots of art stuff but as soon as we got home they were fighting again.
I am going to do the buns in about 30 mins but have told dd's that I am only letting the little ones help (5 and 2) because of their behaviour today .They are upset now and want to help what do you think am I a cruel Mummy?

Uriel Wed 06-Aug-08 14:55:31

No you're setting boundaries and following through on what you said you'd do.

stuckinthecorner Wed 06-Aug-08 15:25:05

No - I feel you have to set boundaries, especially over the holidays when you all have to live with each other ALL day...My dd was meant to have a friend over today to play but it was cancelled by her Mum `cos she had behaved so badly..valuable lesson learned by both children. I think you are very brave to do baking with all 4 at once anyway!!!

Twelvelegs Wed 06-Aug-08 15:31:23

Stick to it, it will pay in the end.

melpomene Wed 06-Aug-08 17:01:54

YANBU. 4 children 'helping' with baking sounds difficult anyway; 2 is enough of a challenge!

bumpybecky Wed 06-Aug-08 18:08:57

yanbu and four helping is a nightmare anyway. I'd suggest that the older two get to bake next time (provding they behave). I'm having less stressful baking (and better cake!) by letting the littler ones play baking with playdough in the kitchen while the older two bake for real! wink

Hecate Wed 06-Aug-08 19:37:14

I dunno. Did you warn them that if they continued to do X, then the consequence would be no buns? If so, YANBU. If, otoh, the no bunmaking was a bolt from the blue, then maybe a bit hard.

I am very pro-discipline, but I think you have to give the child all the facts. They need to know in advance what the consequences are and then whatever happens - they made an informed choice!

Stop fighting, stop fighting, stop fighting ... RIGHT! NO BUN MAKING

is not as good as

Stop fighting! If you fight again you will not make buns, right you fought, so NO BUN MAKING

iyswim.

ImnotOK Wed 06-Aug-08 19:51:58

I did prewarn them twice ,anyhoo I made the buns with the youngest and they hung about on the stairs for two minutes looking sad then went upstairs to play a game with each other FFS grin.

Hecate Wed 06-Aug-08 19:52:45

Ah well, pre-warned then it's tough titty! grin

mumeeee Wed 06-Aug-08 23:07:03

YANBU. You warned then twice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now