Talk

Advanced search

to have my head turned every now and then?

(15 Posts)
Boobalina Wed 06-Aug-08 14:42:46

Not that I'd do anything about it though.

Just now I was out on my lunch break and I saw this guy on crossing the road to the other side and I just thought - wow! I think he was french (just looked it) Average height, floppy brown hair, bit of stubble, very nice casual designer clothes, about 40-45 - just really striking.

Here is the sad bit, I saw him go into Boots so I went in too to get a better look on my way back to work!

He looked up when I walked in and gave me a massive grin!!! I smiled back and then walked about the shop a bit pretending to look fro something and the walked out again (plus the security guard must have thought I was a shoplifter!)

I am happy (as you can be) with my DH, have 2 beautiful kids - but some people just make my heart lurch....

Anyone else or am I really a sad 13 year trapped in a grown-up?!

MaureenMLove Wed 06-Aug-08 14:49:22

No way! It's perfectly normal (in my world anyway!grin) Nowt wrong with window shopping. It gave you a little boost and has made you smile.

BananaSkin Wed 06-Aug-08 14:50:52

Not sure. I would hate to think of my DH traipsing into Boots after woman that had caught his eye, wouldn't you?

PinkTulips Wed 06-Aug-08 14:54:32

a sexy man deserves to be admired, twould be a crime not to really wink

as long as dp didn't do it while i was actually there and it was just looking it wouldn't do any harm would it? he didn't lose the ability to recognise beauty when he met me!

duomonstermum Wed 06-Aug-08 14:55:12

oh i don't know. i like the attention and i don't mind if DH gets the same. in fact i spent last night being chatted up by a hunky policeman and it made me feel so desirable that DH reaped the rewards when i got homegrin so long as it's only window shopping i don't see why not.

DaphneMoon Wed 06-Aug-08 14:58:55

Nothing wrong with looking! Just don't start stalking him! grin

Boobalina Wed 06-Aug-08 15:00:58

BannaSkin - I totally understand where you are coming from, I'd be gutted if DH did that which is massive double standards.

MaureenMLove Wed 06-Aug-08 15:01:43

It doesn't bother me if DH does it. He always tells me, 'why go out for hamburger, when I can stay in and have steak!' I think that's a compliment! grin

Boobalina Wed 06-Aug-08 15:13:08

That Hamburger/steak comment always reminds me of Kerry Katona - she said it once when she was still married to Brian thingy and he'd been accused of shagging someone... she is not in anyway steak!

Maureen - I'm sure however, you are prime steak! ;)

greenlawn Wed 06-Aug-08 16:12:33

Kerry Katona actually just repeated the same quote about her current husband - oh and now I've outed myself for watching that crappy "Afterbirth" programme about them on MTV the other night - the shame!

Dropdeadfred Wed 06-Aug-08 16:25:44

Paul Newman originally said that about his wife Joanne - they have been married for over 50 years!

solidgoldbrass Wed 06-Aug-08 16:30:37

Nothing inherently wrong with looking at someone, fancying them or indeed having rampant hot monkey sex behind a skip with them.
Where the lines are drawn are dependent on how you and your partner or partners feel about exclusivity in relationships: where people go wrong is in assuming they know what their partners feel and not actually asking about it.

MaureenMLove Wed 06-Aug-08 17:19:45

Perfectly put Solidgold! And Banana, I think DH muttered something like, 'good job I like rump!' shockgrin

ladymariner Wed 06-Aug-08 17:31:32

You don't have to stop looking at the menu just because you're on a diet!!!! grin (You just remember that actually you're not hungry!!)

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Wed 06-Aug-08 17:34:33

sometimes a burger is better than a steak but then it depends who cooks the steak and what condiments you have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now