Talk

Advanced search

To want to march over the road and wrap that ignorant man's shotgun around his head?

(14 Posts)
Ripeberry Wed 06-Aug-08 10:02:10

Since bl**dy 5am he's been shooting go knows what in the field opposite my house!
It's just boom, boom then sounds like the OK corral..whizzing shot!
How can anyone be so selfish?
He must have a huge pile of dead animals by now!
If he does it again tomorrow i'll scream!
Can he be reported for firing guns early in the morning, i mean we can't beep horns on the car before 7am?

Ripeberry Wed 06-Aug-08 10:03:43

And he must be using so much ammo. He is still at it now over 5hours later.
The shots come every 2-4 mins but it's only one person.

WendyWeber Wed 06-Aug-08 10:06:08

It's anti-social behaviour at least - 5 solid hours starting at 5 am??? shock

Do you live in a residential area? I can't imagine playing with shotguns is even legal!

WendyWeber Wed 06-Aug-08 10:06:49

(is he clay-pigeon shooting?)

Freckle Wed 06-Aug-08 10:08:38

Are you sure it's him and not bird-scarers put out by farmers?

WendyWeber Wed 06-Aug-08 10:11:02

If there is an actual visible person there with a gun I think you could ring the local police & ask if it's legal or not.

WendyWeber Wed 06-Aug-08 10:13:35

And if it turns out to be a birdscarer you can complain to Environmental Protection at your council.

WendyWeber Wed 06-Aug-08 10:30:29

Where've you gone, Ripeberry? Have you stormed over & sorted him out? grin

reallyannoyednow Wed 06-Aug-08 10:39:36

don't you have to be x number of yards from a public road before you can use a gun? shop him!

TheHedgeWitch Wed 06-Aug-08 10:43:21

Message withdrawn

WelliesAndPyjamas Wed 06-Aug-08 10:47:15

Maybe something (rabbits, birds, etc) is having a massive go at his crops and dawn is the best time to catch them at it? Would be worth finding out more about his situation before going over on the defensive? He may only have to do it one morning.

rebelmum1 Wed 06-Aug-08 10:50:13

Sounds more like a crow scarer. Is there a local farmer whose field it belongs to you can talk to? They shouldn't be so close to houses that it causes a disturbance. Of course it's not illegal to own a shotgun if you have a licence.

themoon66 Wed 06-Aug-08 10:54:40

It will be a bird scarer. They are set to come on when it comes light.

Ripeberry Wed 06-Aug-08 14:17:44

It's a man with a gun, the field he is in has just been harvested (wheat), so what's the point of scaring the birds?
Have spoken to my neighbour who happens to be a policewoman and she will be on duty this afternoon and will ask the local farmer whose land it belongs to whats going on.
It just unusual, normally if there is a shoot by the lake it's on a weekend and that gets VERY noisy, but it's never early in the morning.
Oh damn, there he goes again, must have stopped for lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now