Talk

Advanced search

to think my dp is out too much?

(5 Posts)
tab1 Tue 05-Aug-08 21:58:06

DP works mon - fri full time, he has a part time job (through choice rather than necessity) sats and 1 or 2 evenings a week, he trains at the gym once a week, has meetings every other mon night, likes to play golf once a week, and goes to the pub on a fri after work for an hour. I don't object to any of these activities and the money from the part time work is useful now i'm a SAHM but i think he has too much going on and not enough time at home with me and dd (13 months). Once we have factored in visits from grandparents we have no time left. When he is in he is brilliant with dd, does everything he can and loves playing with her, bathing her etc, he is a brilliant dad but not often enough for my liking. AIBU

ninah Tue 05-Aug-08 22:00:42

Do you go out?

luckylady74 Tue 05-Aug-08 22:03:05

\i think the pt job is odd unless you're on the breadline that is. I think an hour at the pub is no big deal or the gym, but sports that took up a Sunday when it's his only day off is horrid - when do you go out the 3 of you? Have you said anything to him re the job/golf or whatever?

tab1 Tue 05-Aug-08 22:10:07

the part time job is a paid hobby he has done for 20 years so i can't really expect him to stop now. i sometimes moan about the golf or the pub as those are the things he doesn't have to do but he says" i only go to the pub for an hour a week" and admittedly he does. we tend to go out all together on a sunday, we go to church and then swimming or to family, i find myself not wanting to visit family though cos we need time together. I don't go out apart from with dd, partly cos i'm still bf, partly cos no-one to have her. DP would have her but it's him i want to go out with.

luckylady74 Tue 05-Aug-08 22:32:52

Well then for the sake of your family I think the golf needs to go. TBh I might just say the pt job does too- can it not just be shared with someone else, but then I'm in danger of being a bit too strident with my dh over how family time is precious!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: