Talk

Advanced search

to think MIL should keep dd at home

(6 Posts)
nervousal Tue 05-Aug-08 09:38:36

so that she can be there when my Mum arrives for a visit, rather than traipsying her half way round the country on a bus for the day?

My Mum is coming across to visit this weekend - arrives Thurs lunchtime and goes back Monday morning - so not much time with my dd. She was looking forward to picking dd up from MILs (who childminds for us) and doing something together for the afternoon before I get home from work.

MIL has now said that she is taking dd on a trip on Thursday, and won't be back til nearer tea time.

Am I being unreasonable to be pi88ed off with her?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Tue 05-Aug-08 09:40:39

It does sound a bit unreasonable - is the trip not something that can be done another day?

Sounds like a bit of GP competition....

Depends whether you want to put your foot down, though, wink

VinegarTits Tue 05-Aug-08 09:41:25

Have you told your MIL that your mum is arriving? If you have i would be peeved off too, tell her she can't take her on the trip.

nervousal Tue 05-Aug-08 09:45:57

Yes she knows my Mums coming across. MILs sister is off work for a few days - so they are taking dd and her cousin away tomorrow and Thursday for day trips.

I feel awkward telling MIL that she can't take dd away - don't want to cause any ill feeling as she is a wonderful granny and does so much for us.

Other v minor thing is that dd has dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Works out quite well becase DP is taking her and as he works near where planned day out is can then take everyone there - rather than them having to take bus. MIL is saying that they will just get a later bus????? That DP can take DD to dentist, then meet them at bus station? Makes no sense to me.

VinegarTits Tue 05-Aug-08 09:57:15

Yes but did she plan the daytrip before she knew your mum was coming? and did she know your mums plans to pick up your dd and spend time with her before you get home from work? If she has arranged the daytrip after you have told her your mums plans then she is being a little unfair. what does your dh say about it?

Dropdeadfred Tue 05-Aug-08 10:04:24

why can't your DP just insist that he takes them all by car..then returns them homin time for your mum to collect?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now