Talk

Advanced search

To use a teapot to make a cup of tea

(25 Posts)
ReallyTired Tue 05-Aug-08 09:29:51

I think that dangling a tea bag in a hot cup of water is revolting in comparision. I like to use a teapot and let the tea brew.

You get more tea out of one teabag and it tastes better.

Anyone with time to surf mumsnet has the time to wait for that optimum cuppa.

giraffescantdancethetango Tue 05-Aug-08 09:36:05

your probably right, im just lazy and dont have a tea pot

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 09:41:35

Not unreasonable, no.
But I don't drink tea very often and wouldn't drink a whole pot before it went cold. I normally use a pot if both myself and DP have a cuppa though.

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 09:42:55

Oh, and I don't agree with
"Anyone with time to surf mumsnet has the time to wait for that optimum cuppa"

When I'm on here I'm normally feeding DS2, so I can't get up, make a pot, hang around and then go back to it and make a cup.

Tortington Tue 05-Aug-08 09:44:03

my cuppa - is coffee - and i can get quite snobby about it - i won't drink it at someones house where its some cheap shit - and opt for tea.

sop i completely get where you are comming from

a good brew - is a good brew.

CuckooClockWorkShy Tue 05-Aug-08 09:44:30

not unreasonable if that's how you like it!

I prefer a big mug with one tea bag. add the milk, let the whole lot draw for two minutes then yank out the tea bag.

grin

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 09:48:01

Eww, cuckoo! Milk before it's brewed?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 05-Aug-08 09:49:25

I don't like brewed tea. It tastes too strong for me, so I always make it in the cup.

themoon66 Tue 05-Aug-08 09:50:33

Tea pot brewed tea is far superior. And you get two good sized mugs out of one teabag.

CuckooClockWorkShy Tue 05-Aug-08 09:55:36

yes VS!!. because you can't tell how much flavour has 'fludddeddd out' if you don't add the milk first.

also, cultural observation here, in Ireland, tea 'draws' not brews.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Aug-08 09:57:31

i love tea out of a pot. mil calls me a little old lady because i bought a beautiful white china teapot, sugar bowl and cream set that i am saving for "best"

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 09:59:24

Lissie, do you have a cake stand too?
And a letter opener?
And a toast rack?

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:01:53

lol no, but i do like the ritual of making and pouring tea from a pot. i find it very soothing.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:02:57

although i do have a cake plate that is reserved for cakes (oddly enough wink)

CaptFabioHiltsCatInTheCooler Tue 05-Aug-08 10:02:57

If you do Cuckoo's method the tea doesn't over-brew.

Fact: brown teapots make better tea than any other colour.

PS lissie do you have doilies as well?
PPS Why is this in AIBU? Have you been abuse, RT, for your teapot?

Tortington Tue 05-Aug-08 10:03:04

i have it out of a pot wyhen i am ill. DH usually makes me a tray - saves him having to keep making me brews.

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 10:04:19

Lol Lissie.
Well, I have a special milk jug, OJ jug and toast rack but no cake plate so you can come to me for breakfast and we'll have afternoon tea at yoursgrin

Saucer of milk Fabio?

CaptFabioHiltsCatInTheCooler Tue 05-Aug-08 10:05:53

Mieux.
Two sugars.
And a biscuit.
Chocolate one, please.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:06:01

pmsl vs, its a deal. I'll even crack open the best china for you!

OrmIrian Tue 05-Aug-08 10:10:43

At home I always use a teapot. Always. Mostly with real tea as well. I think it tastes better and I like the ritual I suppose. At work I dangle a tea bag as the office kitchen doesn't run to tea pots.

DH always makes it in the cup and he tells me that I can't tell the difference. But I can I tell you!

VictorianSqualor Tue 05-Aug-08 10:11:52

I really want a cup of tea and some biscuits now.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:16:29

lol, a while ago we went to a local lavender farm, and they served tea in the most beautiful service and lavender & lemon cake and biscuits. i loved it, it was just so quaint, but then i do take great pleasure from simple things.

Pidge Tue 05-Aug-08 10:25:29

YANBU - but you should be using tea leaves - tastes much better, honest wink

notcitrus Tue 05-Aug-08 17:55:59

Whatever you like, as long as you don't criticise me for making mine in a mug and leaving the teabag in while I drink it!

I actually own a teapot but it's in a cardboard box on top of a cupboard and no-one's ever been fussed enough to reach it down.

Coffee - I enjoy good coffee and have a cafetiere and selection of coffees for it, but when I just need caffiene, instant will do fine.

mumeeee Tue 05-Aug-08 22:05:25

I usually use the teapot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now