Talk

Advanced search

... to think this is just really barf-inducing?

(24 Posts)
youcannotbeserious Mon 04-Aug-08 23:35:17

this IMHO is just barf-able...

Wearing this should be grounds for divorce.

And supervised access.

flipflopper Mon 04-Aug-08 23:41:19

cringeworthy
who buys this shit?

May2December Mon 04-Aug-08 23:41:35

Not as bad as 'Concieved by IVF - my dads a wanker' !! hmm

mumblechum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:42:19

Ill advised is the word.

Well, two words.

lucyellensmum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:43:00

i wanted to get my DP and our DDs Godfater T-Shirts saying "whos the daddy" to wear to the christening, but thought better of it. Lets just say when departmental rumours at work were rife, we did very little to quell them.

lucyellensmum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:44:16

some of them are funny, the IVF one is not!

youcannotbeserious Mon 04-Aug-08 23:45:49

grin at May2December!

Honestly, I think slogan t-shirts are OK on kids, but honestly seriously can you imagine walking down the road with a grown man in a 'I LOVE BOOBIES' t-shirt.

The baby would probably prefer the 'my dads a wanker' t-shirt (and, err... he'd be right!) grin

I feel safe and secure in the knowledge my DH would castrate himself with a rusty blunt knife than wear that t-shirt!! grin

mrswoolf Mon 04-Aug-08 23:50:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tweeni Mon 04-Aug-08 23:53:03

i can imagine some of my mates wearing them as a joke but it would have to be a group of them wearing them on a night out or something.

youcannotbeserious Tue 05-Aug-08 00:09:55

Fair enough, Tweeni - on a stag do etc., but this is a 'father / baby combo'

Could you imagine your mates down the park on a sunday morning in them? With their kids?

I honestly think I'd PMSL if I saw a father and child in this, if he wasn't doing it as a joke.

tweeni Tue 05-Aug-08 00:42:33

perhaps if it was a group picnic/ football thing maybe

salsmum Tue 05-Aug-08 02:28:59

Slightly off subject..sorry.
My friend asked a work assosiate what her daughter would like for the new baby? [daughter had a good job as a PR] so not short of a few bob grin work assosiate said she'd love some clothes off the site 'Nippaz with attitude' OMG how could you put those sort of clothes on a newborn? shock..After we both said YUK when we looked on the site my friend got her a lovely outfit from Next and she loved it all the same!

sandcastles Tue 05-Aug-08 02:42:56

mrswoolf, yes they do!

My cousin & his ds have a matching set & they do wear them out & about, at the same time....

blush

youcannotbeserious Tue 05-Aug-08 05:27:17

CAn you get us a photo, Sandcastles??? grin

sweetgrapes Tue 05-Aug-08 08:49:22

I thought these were cute

walkingtalking

wreking service

MrsBates Tue 05-Aug-08 08:52:49

I did see one for heavy metal fans' kids saying, in appropriate branded typeface "ABCD - for those about to read" Thought it was quite funny.

You can get nappycovers from Twisted Tee with Anne Boleyn on the bum.

greenlawn Tue 05-Aug-08 09:26:47

MrsBates ... we salute you ...

TheHedgeWitch Tue 05-Aug-08 10:41:01

Message withdrawn

wastingmyeducation Tue 05-Aug-08 10:55:28

Thanks for the Nippaz and Twisted Twee info, it's not all appropriate, but the 'What would Joe Strummer do?' t-shirt is genius!
Although a babygro with 'I've done fuck all today' would highly amuse me and DH, I don't think the in-laws would approve.

xx

TenaciousG Tue 05-Aug-08 11:30:36

The word 'boobies' is enough to make me cringe, never mind the concept of wearing it emblazoned on clothing.

nowirehangers Tue 05-Aug-08 11:34:47

oh
my
God
But then you see teenagers everywhere with T shirts saying things like "fuck you" so why not start 'em young?

SpaceHopperHayls Tue 05-Aug-08 11:36:18

I actually think this is pretty funny, and I know that Bloke would love it. In fact, thanks for the link, I'm going to order it now for his birthday in a couple of weeks!

NomDePlume Tue 05-Aug-08 11:39:32

ick.

Any man wearing that wouldn't get within 20 feet of my 'boobies'

youcannotbeserious Tue 05-Aug-08 12:27:24

My DS actually has a couple of 'heavy metal' babygrow - he has the AB/CD one and a couple of Led Zeppelin ones too....

it's the 'boobies' thing I think is so cringe-worthy.

It's like something you'd see on Little Britain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now