Talk

Advanced search

To not listen to my DH

(12 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 23:00:06

Message withdrawn

mumblechum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:02:09

Just zone out, make appropriate grunts/soothing noises whilst mentally compiling your shopping list.

I wish dh would tell me stuff about work, for all I know he works in a bunker for MI6/is a Columbian drug dealer

HumphreyPinCushion Mon 04-Aug-08 23:03:18

tap away on here, and nod and tut at various intervals.

thisisyesterday Mon 04-Aug-08 23:03:20

not at all. but make sure you look like you are listening.
I had a right earful from dp the other night for not listneing to something boring he was waffling on about

Jivegirl Mon 04-Aug-08 23:03:32

I think my own work politics is tiresome enough. Having to listen to someone elses is just excrutiatingly dull!

But we all do it (regrettably). Zone out and find a meaty thread on MN to entertain you! grin

themoon66 Mon 04-Aug-08 23:05:58

He doesnt have MN to whinge to. Just nod and make Hmmm noises.

JamieJay Mon 04-Aug-08 23:06:16

YANBU - but do at least put on a show of listening and let him talk.

It's the other way round in our house and I know it does a lot to clear my head stress if I can just unload about work - even though I know DH isn't listening grin

themoon66 Mon 04-Aug-08 23:06:18

Oh, and say 'poor you' at intervals.

shirleyghostman Mon 04-Aug-08 23:09:25

Look him straight in the eyes and say - when I look at this screen and start tapping that generally means 'not interested'.

Hecate Mon 04-Aug-08 23:10:35

Don't do what I do, which is say "I don't care."

It's not appropriate, apparently. blush

solidgoldbrass Mon 04-Aug-08 23:14:06

Does he let you talk at him about MN threads stuff he's not bothered about? If so then a polite show of interest won't kill you; if he never listens to you either then perhaps you ought to agree a family shout of DILLIGAF when one or other of you starts being boring, and no hard feelings all round.

(Dilligaf- Do I Look Like I Give A Fark)

thisisyesterday Tue 05-Aug-08 21:20:09

hecate- that's what got me into trouble too, lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now