Talk

Advanced search

To pick up the DC from nursery in a full hip hop queen get up?

(16 Posts)
TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:08:36

I adore dressing up, and we often have 'theme days'

Today I've decided it will be 'Street'. I've printed some amazing graffiti we'll be tracing and painting and got a hip hop playlist on already from our music library. Then we'll learn the Soldier Boy dance (Well, I'll learn it, they will just giggle at me and attempt it)

I've been listening to Kanye West and Dizzee Rescal already and have gotten dressed up. Do I strip to 'normal mum' or just go and get them unashamedly?

NutterlyUts Mon 04-Aug-08 12:11:12

Sounds fab.. Go as you are!!

notwavingjustironing Mon 04-Aug-08 12:11:30

you sound like a far more fun mum than I am! Are you going to park your Hummer in the car park, thus blocking in everyone else, and leave the bass on full? grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:12:59

I might go with my massive headphones, bass turned up and sneer at all the other mums whilst waiting. haha

cyteen Mon 04-Aug-08 12:14:51

This thread is useless without pics wink

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:17:34

I'm wearing low slung G star jeans with bright red pants, a gold chain belt, a red and turquoise striped boob tube, massive gold earrings , white skate trainers, and my hair is in a loose up knot with a red scarf as a headband.

I usually wear very subtly stylish things. I am certainly rocking, but don't know how the subtly stylish mums will take it
(feeling rebellious, stuff em)

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:18:08

cyteen I will try, hard to take pictures of yourself though.

notwavingjustironing Mon 04-Aug-08 12:18:28

they will be subtly disapproving .... (and a teeny bit jealous)

TrinityRhino Mon 04-Aug-08 12:19:51

I would go like you are smile
sounds fab grin

CvQ Mon 04-Aug-08 12:20:45

oh i have to do lunch but this is going on watchgrin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:24:37

Good job I had no such intentions when we did our 'cats' day.

I was in black leggings and leotard, cat ears and facepaint.

Cats the musical on full volume on the tv , three times in a row (god knows what the neighbours thought)

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 12:29:18

Do it, and on the way stop at that idiot neighbours house and tell her you're taking in laundry for some extra cash.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 12:37:35

Genius idea VS!

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 15:21:41

I did it. I had a big black umbrella which wrecked my look somewhat.

Thanks to the rain there was little time for questioning.
Hopefully I looked cool rather than insane.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 04-Aug-08 15:22:16

Solja Boy tutorial is on right now, the DC are loving it.

TheMagnificent7 Mon 04-Aug-08 16:43:38

Love this. Hope you have a decent name. I'm Puff Doubt when I'm in the mischief mood. Me and the children have Guitar Hero days too. The youngest puts on the guitar then pulls her hair over her face like a true bass player, and the eldest will power slide everywhere. I'm only allowed to answer the door with my 'axe' strapped to my back, but musn't mention it.

Screw the neighbours. Go and knock on the door and ask for them to sign your petition for your very own local 3 day carnival grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now