Talk

Advanced search

to want to shout: "Shove a boob in that kid's mouth"

(12 Posts)
KerryMum Sun 03-Aug-08 21:46:26

to the woman with the SCREAAAAAAAAMMMMMMINNG baby on the flight over to Stansted today?

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 03-Aug-08 21:51:37

YANBU in wanting to shout it, maybe - have been on flights with screaming infants, not great.

But may not have been bf baby (in which case might not have reacted favourably to sudden appearance of boob grin) - and maybe its ears were hurting...

KerryMum Sun 03-Aug-08 21:52:08

now of course iabu but ffs my ears were bleeding. and it went oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn and on and on

KerryMum Sun 03-Aug-08 21:52:49

oh no, baby started in queue before we even got on plane.

ChirpyGirl Sun 03-Aug-08 21:55:11

I felt the same to my mates little sis, with a baby that I knew was BF, and we were in a nice relaxing garden on holiday, so no YANTotallyU, but I would have inserted 'dummy/finger/something to cover all basesgrin

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 03-Aug-08 21:56:26

Oh well, in that case it should have been safely stowed in the overhead luggage compartment grin

KerryMum Sun 03-Aug-08 21:58:33

yes I was thinking fgs there's got to be something you can plug that up with.

KerryMum Sun 03-Aug-08 21:59:22

the thing is she was 2 rows behind me and not making any cooing or comforting noises to the poor child.

KatieDD Mon 04-Aug-08 01:14:55

A nice woman walked the plane with my DD1 on a flight back from Australia when I was struggling could you not have offered to do that rather than sit seething ?

KerryMum Mon 04-Aug-08 07:34:38

i wasn't seething. My ears were killing me

RubySlippers Mon 04-Aug-08 07:35:25

erm KM - are you in Essex then?!

KerryMum Mon 04-Aug-08 07:35:57

and exactly wtf was I suppossed to do? really? she wasn't even trying to comfort her own child. my ds was next to me moaning from the sound of it and I wasn't going to leave him to offer another woman 2 rows back help when she would have looked at me like i had two heads (she was with her dp\dh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now