Talk

Advanced search

Who should win battle of the babysitter?

(6 Posts)
JuneBugJen Sat 02-Aug-08 17:46:10

Help!
DH has had an unexpected invite to wedding of long lost friend (once very close) for this weekend.

I arranged ages ago to have my 2 best friends up to mine to have a mammoth girlie day and night out, complete with pedicures, vino and dancing at a cheesy 80's nightclub.

One of these friends has had fertility probs and miscarried last year. Her DH is now chronically ill and she seems very low.

It was really hard to arrange the weekend with the girls due to 2 lots of babysitters needed and coming from 80miles away etc.

Tried to get a babysitter for all sat and sat night but can't.

So...does a girlie night trump a wedding?

Roboshua Sat 02-Aug-08 18:08:13

Girlie night definitely. I think to cancel it would upset most people and the first booked engagement should take precedence.

If your DH has only just become reaqainted with this friend they should understand. You don't expalin why invite is so late. It suggests to me wedding has had number of drop outs and they're just trying to make up numbers rather than having been first choice. I know you said it was along lost friend but had they made any attempts to track DH down when they were organising the wedding or was it just a chance meeting.

Anna8888 Sat 02-Aug-08 18:08:51

It's not about girlie night vs. wedding. It's about who made an arrangement first and will let others down at the last minute by cancelling.

Tough shit for your DH.

squeaver Sat 02-Aug-08 18:10:01

Yes - you made the arrangement first. end of story

JuneBugJen Sat 02-Aug-08 18:14:24

Ta chaps. I didn't want to be a cow to DH as you could tell he really wanted to go.

Think I was starting to think along lines of you can have a girlie night in a month or so but a wedding is a one off... even if he was B-list!

Will go and break news to DH. Will cushion the blow by buying a grim sci-fi film for him to watch and a brochure for Dominos!

kslatts Sat 02-Aug-08 19:12:23

Were you all invited to the wedding (inc dcs), if you were could your dh take the dcs with him. Or could he go to the wedding for a couple of hours while you and your friends get ready and he could come back in time for you to go to the nightclub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now