Talk

Advanced search

To think the people who designed the Tesco webpage are all stupid c***s

(11 Posts)
Kimi Sat 02-Aug-08 11:49:34

I am sick to death of this stupid site crashing and not working.

My time is presious and I don't have an hour to waste doing the f*&^%&g shopping on line to find that when I go to "checkout" half of it is not there.

I am going to go to the shop like a real person, only it wont be fucking tesco...I am off to sainsburys

Bronze Sat 02-Aug-08 11:53:36

I've just placed my order and it was working fine for me. Not what you wanted to hear I know but it does mean that its working at least some of the time. Oh poo now I'm wondering if there were things that werent there and I didn't notice.

mousemole Sat 02-Aug-08 11:53:42

totally agree. it is a shite website and sends your blood pressure through the roof. I recently converted to real life shopping at sainsburys and love it.

Roboshua Sat 02-Aug-08 11:54:25

How bizarre. I have shopped with Tesco on line for years and never had a problem with their website.

My biggest issue has been delivery times. I used to book a 5-7pm slot but if I arrived at 2 minutes past five they'd already been gone and left a note. i was told when i complined that it was likely the driver had been early, sat waiing and then put the note through at 5. I then started booking the 6-8pm slot to be safe and they would turn up at 5.30. Not really a problem but have never really established if they would have come back if I'd not been in earlier.

Also some slight bizzare substituions made by the largely male shoppers (wanted nose pore strips and was brought a spot cream instead!!!- a woman would enver have done that!!!)

lazaroulovesleggings Sat 02-Aug-08 11:56:34

I once ordered one of those organic boxes of fruit and vegetables for a tenner. They forgot it and they charged me for it.
They also give really stupid substitutions, and the substitutions are always really expensive.

hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 12:02:26

I always found saindbury online the best. The fruit and veg lasted longer as well

luminarphrases Sat 02-Aug-08 12:06:15

i do sainsburys online and have never had any problems, and the substitutions are always sensible.

whereas the one and only time i ordered from tesco's i wanted paella rice and got..... two pot noodles smile

lazaroulovesleggings Sat 02-Aug-08 12:08:08

pmsl @ pot noodles!

Kimi Sat 02-Aug-08 12:23:10

I have put through orders and on the PC I have a long list of things, then the shopping has come and only half the list was prosessed hmm it really pisses me off.
Goig on holiday tomorrow and so want to sort out the shopping to be delivered the day before we get home.

notcitrus Sat 02-Aug-08 22:23:45

They've stopped putting the lists of ingredients up on the site which really hacks me off.
It only crashes for me on a Sunday night when I guess the world and its dog are ordering.

The standard of delivery and substitutions seem to vary by store - at my current house the Tesco chaps are lovely, phone and ask if it's OK to deliver early (and come back if not), carry everything to the kitchen and unpack, and the substitutions are always sensible and not many of them.
Sainsburys were crap at my current and previous houses.
Ocado were quite good but only sell premium priced versions of most of what I order, so I only use them before a big party or Christmas.

I tend to book the 9-11pm slot - they usually ask if they can come around 8.45, and they've never been later than 10.30.

uberalice Sat 02-Aug-08 22:43:54

I think it works better with some browsers than others. I've found it to be ok, with Firefox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now