Talk

Advanced search

to take my dds to a the Polar Museum instead of soft play?

(5 Posts)
melpomene Sat 02-Aug-08 11:42:35

I'm trying to decide where to take the dds (5 and 3) this afternoon. It's raining here. They want to go to softplay but I don't think I can face it. I suggested going Polar Museum as I thought they might enjoy it, but they don't want to go. We haven't been there before. Should I take them anyway, in the hope they'll enjoy it when we get there? They have enjoyed other museums we've been to in the past. What would you do?

belgo Sat 02-Aug-08 11:44:15

You're the adult, you're in charge, take them to whereever you want to go.

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 02-Aug-08 11:45:53

soft play on a rainy saturday = nightmare imo

especially when its not first thing in the morning

catsmother Sat 02-Aug-08 16:48:59

Agree it's up to you where you go.

What did you do in the end ? ...... if you went to the Polar museum, was it any good ? .... have often driven past it but never been in.

The Zoology museum nearby in Downing St is good. My 4 year old DD loved it even though it's not particularly big or "hands on".

melpomene Sat 02-Aug-08 20:31:12

Didn't go to either in the end! We decided to go to the library instead. We'll definitely visit the Polar museum another day, though.

I agree about the Zoology museum, catsmother. Shame it's not open on Saturday afternoons!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now