Talk

Advanced search

to think that after 6 months......

(6 Posts)
Podmog Sat 02-Aug-08 02:02:37

Message withdrawn

deeeja Sat 02-Aug-08 02:43:32

I feel your pain I really do. All of mine wake each other up at night. I haven't slep a night in 3 years. It is awful. Kids need space. All of this is so bad for the children.
I suppose when he is not at work, your dh just wants to relax. Maybe hire someone else to do the work on the house?
Hope you get it sorted.

Podmog Sat 02-Aug-08 18:43:26

Message withdrawn

hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 18:49:21

My dp is quite bad at not doing things when he says he will.

I find the trick to motivate him is to start doing it myself. For example, if I wanted him to draw up plans, I would tell him I had booked an appointment with an architect and it was going to cost xx amount. I would make it clear that I was sorting it out. I don't know about your dh, but the thought of spending money where he didn't need to would be enough to motivate my dp.

thelittlestbadger Sat 02-Aug-08 19:01:36

I agree with Hugh. My DH is very similar and will not quite get round to things for ages. If I tell him I'm going to get people in.

In the meantime can you get some cupboards for some storage from Ikea or something? Freecycle also may be able to help

Jux Sat 02-Aug-08 19:10:28

Get quotes for all the work to be done. Then tell him that you are going to organise it; if he doesn't want to pay someone else to do it then he must do it himself by [whatever date].

This worked for dh (plus doing my back in by starting to move the gravel which he had been putting off for nearly 3 years).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now