Talk

Advanced search

to think that 'Pedos' are not searching Facebook for pics of kids?

(14 Posts)
TearsofaPersonalClown Fri 01-Aug-08 21:16:14

I have a picture of me and my son as my profile picture on Facebook. Nothing odd about that I think, a lot of people have. I have a profile only available to my friends etc.

Anyway, I'm on one of the chat apps having a laugh when some bloke sends me a message telling me to take my picture down as there might be 'pedos' (his spelling) looking at my photos.hmm

Slight over-reaction I think.
Surely not all paedophiles are going to be searching facebook or other social networking sites looking for pictues of children?

StealthPolarBear Fri 01-Aug-08 21:18:24

Pedos sounds like Greek Island
He's probably right...but the chances are small...like anything in life you weigh up the risk!

watsthestory Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:39

Message withdrawn

TearsofaPersonalClown Fri 01-Aug-08 21:24:00

Exactly what I thought. More chance of actually knowing one in RL than finding one on Fb <shudder>

watsthestory Fri 01-Aug-08 21:25:24

Message withdrawn

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 21:26:29

My DP says this to me! That he doesn't want any pics of DD on there in case paedo's are looking.

solidgoldbrass Fri 01-Aug-08 21:26:33

Tell him to piss off and stop reading the News of the WOrld. I have lots of pictures of DS on my facebook page because
a) I want my friends to be able to see them
b) I do not think there are that many peedafils on Facebook and
c) I don't really care what someone looking at a picture might think or do: I take reasonable safety precautions with DS and will be teaching him how to take care of himself as he grows up, but life is too short to worry about stuff that is not actually going to hurt him.

jammi Fri 01-Aug-08 21:26:35

Message withdrawn

KT14 Tue 05-Aug-08 20:27:10

I might be being really naive here, but there are images of kids available everywhere, why would a peadophile ever be interested in a simple facebook pic when they'd probably get more cheap thrills out of something like the Next directory? Don't get it.. YANBU

OrmIrian Tue 05-Aug-08 20:29:35

And if they are?

It might be a bit icky to think of but I'm not sure your child would be harmed by someone looking at their photos with whatever intention.

Photos don't really steal your soul hmm

No yanbu

apostrophe Tue 05-Aug-08 20:56:09

Message withdrawn

CuckooClockWorkShy Tue 05-Aug-08 20:57:46

If they want a still picture of my children in jumpers and jeans, well....... I won't lose sleep over it.

RubyRioja Tue 05-Aug-08 20:59:15

Must confess, I don't put pics of my dcs online anywhere. Could not really say way, other than I prefer not to. Irrational I agree, but my prerogative.

2shoes Tue 05-Aug-08 21:50:44

pc the pics you have of your ds on fb are lovely and harmless. I really wouldn't worry.
I don't put ds or dd on there(or here) as they are older iynwim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now