Talk

Advanced search

To expect the previous person in the pool baby changing room to clean up their baby POO off the floor and changing table?!?!

(8 Posts)
ILikeYourSleeves Fri 01-Aug-08 16:11:23

Haven't been swimming in a while and as it was raining I decided to go swimming this afternoon with DS (9 months old). We got changed in the big baby changing room to go into the pool, had a whale of a time splashing about and I've never heard him giggle so much, it was fab. Until....

We went to the changing area and went to go back into the one we got changed in before as it's a huge room. A woman and her LO were just coming out of it, so I asked if she was leaving and could we use it, she said yes then scuttled off. So DS and I went in only to see about 4 huge blobs of brown suspect stuff on the floor, and there was also brown suspect stuff smeared on the changing table! DS had only used said table half hour previously at which point it was totally clean so the woman who disappeared quickly must have let her baby crap all over it and DIDN'T THEN CLEAN IT UP! shock

I was repulsed by this and had to go find an attendant to tell them to clean it up.

AIBU? How hard would have been to at least wipe it up or tell an attendant your LO had an accident?

BLLLLLLLLEEEEUUURRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

NicMac Fri 01-Aug-08 16:15:15

Yuck indeed, pools are always dodgy. I found floaters in the actual baby pool the other day shock

newpup Fri 01-Aug-08 16:18:31

I took my DDs swimming last week at our health club and discovered that a child had had an accident (both types if you know what I mean) on the changing room floor. Mum had walked off and left it!!angry not only not clearing it up but not informing any staff either! It was right in front of the door and everyone was walking in it and spreading it accross the changing rooms!

I was amazed that someone could be so selfish and dirty!!!

OrmIrian Fri 01-Aug-08 16:25:00

Yuck! That is vile.

FranSanDisco Fri 01-Aug-08 16:27:21

At the pool this week a mum put her baby in the pool with ordinary disposable nappy on which ballooned on contact with water. I was waiting for a poo to float past smile.

MrsTicklemouse Fri 01-Aug-08 16:34:36

yuck yuck yuck that is vile,

i always wipe the surface i've changed my boys on after i've changed them, even if it appears clean, its just good manners as well as being hygenic!

jette Fri 01-Aug-08 16:36:48

"its just good manners as well as being hygenic!"

Exactly - don't these peoplehave any self respect?!

newpup Fri 01-Aug-08 16:39:25

Forgot to mention the two parents I have seen changing dirty nappies on the edge of the pool.!! One of these parents had been in the lobby querying the pool temp. as he did not want his baby in a pool that was not the exact temperature but then proceeded to change his nappy on the edge of the pool!! So a cold pool is unacceptable but one full of faeces and urine is ok? I know lots of children do wee in the pool anyway but how inconsiderate. Rant over wink This is a real bugbear of mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now