Talk

Advanced search

To think that all the neighbours (including dp)shouldn't be out laughing and pointing at the neighbour having his car took away by DVLA?

(5 Posts)
ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 11:42:43

Ok he is a horrible man ,but this year he has kept himself to himself and I think he is depressed .

So today the DVLA tured up and took his car everyone on the street stood on their doorsteps pointing and laughing and someone shouted "It couldn't have happened to a batter man"

Dp running around loving it (cos he is a drama queen) I refused to go and look it's someones life fucking up not a spectator sport FFS.

(I also think he is the type to go on the rampage with a gun but that had nothing to do with my descision honestly wink)

Seabright Fri 01-Aug-08 11:50:01

Quite right. Rise above the plebs

Twinkie1 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:52:23

Well if it is being towed because he hasn't paid road tax or motoring fines he deserves it - although not the public ridecule!

ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 11:54:18

Yes he deserves it ,he never drives it no more I think it was knackered I just felt sorry for him (I am too soft}

Earlybird Fri 01-Aug-08 12:01:12

Some people take strange pleasure in the misfortune of others, and it's a shame.

I saw this in action about a month ago when some poor sod had parked their car by river's edge, obviously without knowing/realising they'd be in trouble at high tide. Saturday afternoon pub drinkers loved watching the water rise up the tyres, and were cheering by the time the water got up to the bottom of the car door - ie, where it could do real damage to the interior and engine. I think alot of the spectator pleasure came from the fact that it was a new model Range Rover, so there was great glee that a wealthy ponce was too stupid to realise where they shouldn't have parked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now