Talk

Advanced search

To still be mooching about the house in my p-js at nearly 2 in the afternoon?

(9 Posts)
AphroditeInHerNightie Fri 01-Aug-08 11:38:21

No really - I am!
We live abroad, it's very hot and I just can't be arsed. DCs aren't dressed either, thye're flitting in and out of the garden (in the shade) and watching the cartoon network while i mooch and surf!
we're out to a swimming party in a couple of hours but, until then, I don't see the point of getting dressed.
I keep hearing my mother's voice in my head, banging on about " wasting the day".
What do you think?

Love2bake Fri 01-Aug-08 11:44:52

No way - I love PJ days and I feel totally envy of you.

Enjoy the holidays, relaxing is what you are supposed to be doing smile

Oblomov Fri 01-Aug-08 11:54:21

Sound lovely. But then, I am not the person to ask wink

belgo Fri 01-Aug-08 12:00:28

Sounds lovely - whereabouts in the world are you?

goingslowlymad Fri 01-Aug-08 12:02:23

YANBU at all if it suits you and your brood.

I'm an up and dressed kind of person. I can't remember the last time I spent all day at home in PJs. I feel a like a slob if I'm not up and washed and dresed by 8am. The house falls apart unless I start my day in teh right way. Tis all psychological for me, I am a control freak.

cba Fri 01-Aug-08 12:03:18

aphrodite, do you live in cyprus? Just from the name that is all. My dh is desperate for us to move there.

If you do live there I would love to pick your brains. wink

AphroditeInHerNightie Fri 01-Aug-08 12:05:55

Hi cba,
Yep, I'm in Cyprus! Feel free to message me with any questions. Can't guarantee I can answer them, but will try!

ConstanceWearing Fri 01-Aug-08 12:06:58

Nope. PJ's are goooooood.

cba Fri 01-Aug-08 12:10:25

oh great. dh is desperate for us to go but I am just sure unsure. We holiday alot there and dh already has business interest there, so here goes:

1. how old are your kids, if school age do they go to independent or greek school.

2. My kids are really sporty and have tennis and swim lessons here, are these easily accessible.

3. If your kids are at school how do you find it, start at 7.30am?

4. How long have you been there and what do you like and dislike?

5. Do you think you could emigrate and not come back, is there enough to offer the kids as young adults starting off in life?

6. What is it like in winter?

Sorry if this is really exhaustive but I have palpatations of the prospect of moving there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now