Talk

Advanced search

to limit the number of children I invite from dd's nursery???

(10 Posts)
mum2taylor Thu 31-Jul-08 14:39:00

we are having a birthday party for my dd's 4th and had initially wanted to invite all of her classmates from nursery. I had thought there were 10-15 at most. Turns out there are 25 of them shock. Now I dont know what to do, to invite them all would cost a fortune and I dont think we can have any more than 30 at the party, which would mean leaving out family/friends kids etc. But i hate the thought of just inviting her friends in case the other children find out and are upset. What would you do?

flack Thu 31-Jul-08 14:45:55

Invite about half from nursery, make sure at least 10 aren't invited, then it isn't just a few left out.

Oblomov Thu 31-Jul-08 14:47:43

We had ds's 4th a few months ago. Have attended 4 or so other parties for 4 yr olds, from his nursery.
To me that number seesm normal.
Not everyone has a party. And more to the point, ds is friends with some of the children more so than others. At aged 4, you don't play alongside all 25 of them.
Do you know which boys and girls dd plays with most/ is closest to. Invite those.
Is your dd full time ? Some of the children on that list may not even be at nursery at the same time as your dd.( My ds was there 2.5 days)

Oblomov Thu 31-Jul-08 14:49:19

Agree with flack. 10 is more than enough.
With ds I think we invited 6 from nursery. 2 Cousins and a few outside friends. And soem family. Lovely.

mum2taylor Thu 31-Jul-08 14:53:25

Phew! Was feeling really guilty for even thinking about not inviting them all! Yes, she is in full time but she does have a group of friends that stick together so I will ask for a "whittled down" list! wink

jelliebelly Thu 31-Jul-08 14:55:09

We are inviting the whole nursery class for ds 3rd party in a few weeks but he goes full time and knows all the children. I am also not expecting them all to accept the invitation. Ds was invited to a small party last week with 6 or 7 children there because this boy only goes to nursery 1.5 days but ds was one of his friends on those days. As long as you do one or the other ie don't just leave one or two out then that's OK

AbbeyA Thu 31-Jul-08 15:09:43

Inviting a whole class has always seemed a strange idea to me. I always kept numbers down to no more than 12 and just asked them who they wanted to invite.

mum2taylor Thu 31-Jul-08 15:19:10

a lot of her little friends just graduated (how sweet!) so I thought there were only a few left over....how shocked was i when they said 25!!! grin

DancingMamaWithBabes Thu 31-Jul-08 15:29:43

we were lucky with ds1 party, numbers wise we had enough to cover all the children who had invited ds1 to their party in the year and some places left over for his really close friends, there was no way we could have done the whole class.

sweetie66 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:39:49

Our nursery provided a list of all the names in DD nursery class but against each one was the days and times they attended. Not all children go all day, everyday (my DD goes 3pms a week) so we could remove the ones she did not see from the list. Personally I found when we asked DD (4yrs) who her friends were she hadn't a clue! We asked the staff who said a few names of the people she played with. Think in the end we only invited about 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now