Talk

Advanced search

not to bring my washing in when it is raining?

(23 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 14:14:13

Not generally. Today.

It is absolutely chucking it down. And the washing is sodden. Absolutely soaking, more wet than it was when it was first hung out.

And it is still absolutely raining.

I am the only person on my street with the washing still out. They are going to think I am a nutter/lazy.

My reasons are:
1. I don't want to get wet
2. I have washing in the machine already so can't put it back into the washing machine
3. I will get the kitchen floor wet bringing it in
4. The tumble dryer no longer works so I will just have wet sodden washing all over the house, dripping on the floor and it will make the house damp.
5. It is all already absolutely soaked, so there is no rush.

So, go on tell me IABU.

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 31-Jul-08 14:16:50

Message withdrawn

AvenaLife Thu 31-Jul-08 14:17:41

I used to work in a shop when I was alot younger and we had a customer that used to leave hers out and squirt cheap washing up liquid at it bcause she couldn't be bothered to wash it. I kid you not. She was always in on rainy days buying cheap washing up liquid.

Leave the washing, bring it in later. Do you have any washing up liquid? grin

princessmel Thu 31-Jul-08 14:18:00

Yanbu
I always do that!

solidgoldbrass Thu 31-Jul-08 14:19:45

I leave mine out if it gets drenched in the rain, usually another 24 hours will have dried it and it won't come to any harm. There was a wet spell last summer where I did have to give in after about 4 days of rain with only short dry intervals, bring the washing in, spin it and drape it over the hotrail, but that was because I really thought some things might rot or disintegrate - and I needed some of them dry and ready to use.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 14:22:42

Oh good, I am glad you agree! I was beginning to feel lazy! Well perhaps I am but still...I agree about it drying again, unless this torrential rain is in for days, which it might be.

I might brave it later today, if we get more than an hour of dryness...otherwise I might not bring it in at all!

VictorianSqualor Thu 31-Jul-08 14:31:54

Please tell me you're going to re-wash it.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 14:42:32

Of course I am wink

Tortington Thu 31-Jul-08 14:44:21

i had a nutjob neighbour who used to wash it again if it was caught int he rain

mythinking is - fuck it - its already wet why get wet bringin it in - for it sot sit wet in the house.

makes no sense

leave it

t'will dry eventually

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 14:45:01

i wouldnt rewash it, it's only a bit of water

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 14:45:25

ok just looked out of the window it's alot of water

flack Thu 31-Jul-08 14:46:50

Your washing line may break from weight of wet clothes, it happened to us recently.

paolosgirl Thu 31-Jul-08 14:47:07

Nah - leave it out there. It'll dry at some point (although if we have a week of rain I might send one of the DC's or DH out there to bring it in)

VictorianSqualor Thu 31-Jul-08 14:47:27

It's not just a bit of water.
It's dirty water, and mud and crap blown around in the wind.
I wouldn't get wet ringing it in but I would have to rewash it. (with powder not fairy liquid grin)

expatinscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 14:48:40

i left mine on the porch last night.

it's dry, but it smells so musty i'm going to have to rewash it all.

paolosgirl Thu 31-Jul-08 14:48:54

Do you honestly rewash it? It never crossed my mind to! blush

expatinscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 14:50:09

i never rewash it just because it's gotten wet on the line, though.

trouble is, when it rains in this part of the country, it doesn't usually stop for very long, so it really needs to be brought in.

paolosgirl Thu 31-Jul-08 14:51:26

Maybe if I lived in a city or town I'd think about rewashing it....[obsessed emoticon]

expatinscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 14:52:34

this lot is dry, but man, it smells rank.

and i can't be having rank-smelling washing.

oh no.

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 14:53:32

maybe that's because it;s fairly rural where we are but ours never seems dirty after the rain

although it was bouncing down so hard earlier that the mud from the lawn was splashing back up shock

VictorianSqualor Thu 31-Jul-08 15:01:52

I live rurally too, but I'm telling ya, the cow shit particles travel on the wind.

stleger Thu 31-Jul-08 15:08:51

If mine has started to get a bit smelly from repeated soakings, I give it a rinse with conditioner. Which is the only time I use conditioner. If it smells OK I consider it an extra rinse in rainwater...which money could not buy!

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 15:08:56

lol grin

i'ma lazy arse though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now