Talk

Advanced search

To ask dh to empty the dishwasher ...... just once [shock]

(10 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 31-Jul-08 10:36:50

Yes I am off for 6 weeks, and yes dh is working hard and tired.
But for the last 3 days I have done everything, i have made dinner for when he comes in, then tidy away, then make him a cuppa so he has had to do nothing.
But I have emptied the dishwasher 3 mornings in a row and I hate it.
So last night i said 'any chance you could empty the dishy in the morning'
which lead to a tirade of 'youre not doing anything but sitting on your arse for 6 weeks, you need to get off your arse and get a job before you start work'

blah, blah, blah, throughout my degree dh has constantly told me that I dont have a 'proper job' and that Im a scummy student shock

So AIBU to ask him to empty the dishwasher? Hes not speaking to me now!!!! And no he didnt empty it this morning angry

HumphreyPillow Thu 31-Jul-08 10:39:32

He sounds delightful.

Klaw Thu 31-Jul-08 10:53:30

I get the kids to do mine...

but then my dp is a gem and does stuff without asking, which means that he hangs out the washing, all wrong mind you, so I can't grumble....

Can you suggest doing it together? or doing it with the kids?

ds is nearly 15 so he is more than capable and I designated it HIS job, but dd (3.2) LOVES to help so she either helps him or me, depending who's around to do it. I find it takes away from the chore of it, iyswim?

Not very supportive of your dh is it? I get that he works full time and probably can't be arsed but hasn't he made a bit of a scene? And doesn't he realise doing a nursing degree is fairly intensive? I suppose he is still under the illusion that nursing is low grade stuff, I think that was the stereotype, wasn't it? He needs to realise the nurses are VITAL and that doctors are not god.

mosschops30 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:06:56

no we cant do it together because dh is up at 7am and as I am not working, I am not. Unless I left the stuff in the dishy all day which would just be childish.

I just know these 6 weeks is going to turn into me doing everything, including entertaining the dc's all day and him coming home playing the hardworking hard-done-by husband, and he is hardworking but I dont think Im asking too much

BuwchBywiog Thu 31-Jul-08 11:13:12

Looking after the DC's all day is not hard work then is it?! These men have no idea sometimes!

2point4kids Thu 31-Jul-08 11:13:29

I thought from your op that you had no kids and were literally doing nothing all day, but from your last post I think yanbu!!!
He sounds like an arse.
To be honest I would leave it all day and when he gets in say can you empty the dishwasher please? i've been manic a;ll day looking after the children
if he says no, then say well you do the bath time for the kids/cook the dinner and i'll do the dishwasher now
if he still said no, i'd say i was too tired to cook dinner after being SO busy all day, just eat some toast/ a banana myself and leave him without anything the lazy turd

OsmosisBanana Thu 31-Jul-08 11:24:35

The look I got yesterday when I asked DH if he wouldn't mind emptying the washing machine if it was finished and he was at home sitting on his arse watching cricket beggars belief.

Feeling your pain there. I work full time but am going to uni in Sept and he has already started with the guilt trips.

TheCrackFox Thu 31-Jul-08 11:36:59

TBH - it is often easier to do these things yourself. I find the smell of "burning martyr" from DH to be quite nauseating some days.

cheesesarnie Thu 31-Jul-08 11:38:49

not unreasonable to ask at all.his not talking to you is though!
my children do oursgrin

goingslowlymad Thu 31-Jul-08 11:42:18

Whoever gets up first in the mornings does our d/w. 95/100 it is my husband. I also do not work but while he is here he does 50/50 of everything. So YANBU to expect him to do this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now