Talk

Advanced search

to want to cancel my holiday?

(9 Posts)
ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 09:12:19

I've just seen the forecast - and we are forecast rain every single day from Saturday to Saturday.

I just don't want to go now. I can't be arsed with it. 2 small kids in a caravan in the rain sad I might as well stay at home where at least I can invite friends round.

I am gutted!

whooosh Thu 31-Jul-08 09:14:21

The weather forecasts aren't always right.

How far from home will you be?You could always come home if it was awful-I doubt whether you would get a refund now.

NellieTheEllie Thu 31-Jul-08 09:29:29

The weather forecast for our area has been rain, rain, rain all week. However, other than a bit of drizzle we have had glorious days and the Factor 50 out!
Don't totally rely on the forecast. Could you have a look to see if there are some fun indoor things to do in the area just incase it does rain?

kslatts Thu 31-Jul-08 09:38:49

Which caravan park are you going to? When we stayed in a caravan there was quite a lot to do on site if it rained, indoor pool, etc. If there's not much on site could you find out what's in the local area that you could do in the rain. Bowling, swimming pools, cinema's, etc.

ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 09:54:53

Can't come home as I am being given a lift there and a lift back - once we are there, we are stranded.

But you are right, I can still have a nice time even if it does rain, there is plenty to do and a VERY good bus service (it's Skegness so tourist-tastic) and besides, the kids are 5 and 2 and won't care if the beach is rainy....)

But <<sigh>> I went on a rainy holiday last year, and it was a bit grueling ....

Oblomov Thu 31-Jul-08 09:56:22

Agree with Nellie. They have been forecasting thunder storms for the last 6 days, for most of the day. we have had 2 heavy showers, at night, in the last week.

cornsilk Thu 31-Jul-08 09:57:15

It will be fab! The chn will love it regardless.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 09:58:38

Dont' rely too heavily on forecasts.

It has been quit hit and miss this year particularly, we have made/cancelled plans based on the weather a few times this year only to find out it was completely and utterly wrong!

Go and have a good time, and I will do a sun dance for you!

chapstickchick Thu 31-Jul-08 10:03:19

get gone and you will have fun im sure!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now