Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at OH?

(14 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Thu 31-Jul-08 09:03:48

I don't watch much TV, Tink watches Milkshake in the morning and TBD watches it when he gets home. If I am going to use the TV I get up and turn it over and always leave the remotes by the TV. When he was on secondment for three months they never went missing (apart from the weekends!)

We have a theft proof TV, it has a pin number on it that locks you out if the TV is off for more than 30 minutes. Rather annoying as you can't turn the TV off it has to be on stand-by. Last night he decided to turn it off properly but he's lost the remote so now I can't put the TV on. Tink is getting restless because she wants to watch "Noddy Car" and her routine is thrown, as vague as it is. He's telling me it's my fault hmm and getting upset with me for being upset with him and blaming him.

Love2bake Thu 31-Jul-08 09:06:22

I hate losing the TV remote.

It always causes plenty of stress in our house!!

theSuburbanDryad Thu 31-Jul-08 09:06:50

You are both misdirecting your anger/annoyance.

Direct it instead towards your common foe - the ridiculously hi-tech TV - and your woes will be solved.

smile

themoon66 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:08:28

What a stupid telly. I was planning on buying a new one soon, I will have to look out for this ridiculous feature and make sure I don't end up with it.

TinkerBellesMum Thu 31-Jul-08 09:28:24

It's great feature if your TV gets nicked as it renders it useless to the thief. It also displays your name and postcode when it's switched on so it could be returned to you (if the thief hadn't smashed it up in rage when found out it had been locked) if it's found. When your OH decides to activate it in the name of cutting the leccy bill when he doesn't know where the remote is, it's not so helpful!

It's not really a hi-tec TV, it was part of my 18th birthday present from my parents - it is a video combi!

kslatts Thu 31-Jul-08 09:28:25

Why is he saying it's your fault?

TinkerBellesMum Thu 31-Jul-08 09:30:02

Because he said I must have lost it, even though I never use the remote or I put it next to the TV and use it there. Because it's not where I said I put it (not last time, just every time I use it) I must have lost it.

bigspender30 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:31:48

in what way are you to blame?

Oblomov Thu 31-Jul-08 09:41:31

Pin number sounds like a nightmare. But lost remotes are a pain generally. I mean, we should have them attached.... like spectacles on a string.

themoon66 Thu 31-Jul-08 13:54:19

I remember the days when the remote was on a long string.

[old gimmer emoticon]

MrsTittleMouse Thu 31-Jul-08 13:56:11

Oh, I'm older than that - I can remember when I was the remote. Can't you just switch over to BBC1, no.... BBC2? What was on ITV again? Thank goodness there were only 3 channels in those days!

yama Thu 31-Jul-08 13:59:58

Well we argue because I call it the 'clicker' and dp calls it the 'doofer'.

mumblechum Thu 31-Jul-08 14:15:46

This happened to me a while ago & I went & bought a new remote from Asda for about a tenner.

TinkerBellesMum Thu 31-Jul-08 14:49:39

I lost the remote once (6 or so years ago) and called aiwa about a replacement, they quoted £50! Can't get a universal to work with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now