Talk

Advanced search

To want to want to hide on a deserted island

(9 Posts)
ReallyTired Wed 30-Jul-08 22:02:45

My son is complaining that its hot, he is complaining that I don't give him proper food, (apparently all his friends get take aways from McDonalds), he's bored, he doesn't like the music playscheme or the swimming pool I took him to, he wants new shoes. He feels tired, he doesn't want to go bed, apparently all his friends go to bed at 10pm and I ought to be reported to the nspcc for attempting to make him go to bed at 8pm. (Except that he won't shut up and go to sleep)

In olden days my son would have had a good smack on the bum now. I am playing on the computer ignoring cries, mummm its unfair, I want to go on the PC.

I have just shouted like a harpie.... BED! I think if he pops his head round the door again in the next ten minutes or asks to go the toilet again, I shall be close to commiting child abuse.

Can I go and live on a desert island until term time?

noonki Wed 30-Jul-08 22:09:10

tomorrow - no tv, computer, swimming etc

say that was my holidays plus i got smacked now shut up grin

objectivity Wed 30-Jul-08 22:11:06

Week 1: Fine,lots of fun
Week 2: Fighting, bickering, lethargy

I want out.

girlandboy Wed 30-Jul-08 22:12:58

If you're heading for a desert island then I'm coming with you grin

toobusymum Wed 30-Jul-08 22:13:56

Can I come too? grin

ReallyTired Wed 30-Jul-08 22:16:09

My husband is complaining that the house is a tip. I have now just given him an earful.

At least my son is asleep now. grin

MrsWeasley Wed 30-Jul-08 22:16:34

oh reallytired I feel for you.

My DD is always telling me "everyone else is allowed XXXX" you get used to it. I just reply "That they wouldnt be doing that if I was the one responsible for there well being"

I find a warm bath, lots of bubbles and then bed. (this works for DC and adults wink )Tomorrow is another day.

I have a different situation at the moment my DC are going to a music scheme every morning and they are up way too early because they cant wait to get there. grin

ReallyTired Wed 30-Jul-08 22:19:30

My son loved the music playscheme and swimming. He is just completely and utterly shattered. He has actually been quite well behaved until he hit a sudden wall of over tireness.

At the age of six years he is almost like a baby that when he is over tired its harder to get him to sleep.

MrsWeasley Wed 30-Jul-08 22:44:23

I know exactly what you mean DD2 is a nightmare if she doesnt get enough sleep.

She was tired on sunday due to end of school etc etc and couldn't get to sleep and ended up sobbing her heart out because she was so tired and just couldn't go to sleep. I ended up rocking her like a baby until the sobs left and the dreams came.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now