Talk

Advanced search

to hate my cats with a passion right now?

(6 Posts)
sweetkitty Wed 30-Jul-08 16:08:17

OK I know I have 3 under 5 including a 2 week old baby but I feel the cats give me more work than the children. I am really resenting them right now.

I have 3 cats they are 10, 10 and 7 so not kittens and we have had them all their lives. They drive me mental, on a typical day I come downstairs to the smell of cat poo even though their tray in in a kitchen cupboard tucked away, the first job I do after getting the DDs milk is empty and clean the litter tray as it smells so bad (I have tried everything to keep it fresh). Anyway then I have to vacuum the entire downstairs especially the sofas as they are covered in hair and I couldn't have anyone sit on them like that, I already have throws on them to stop them scratching it. They sleep upstairs on our bed during the day on a quilt or the bed is covered in hairs, I also have to remember to lift the babies mattress or they sleep in her cot. If there are visitors in one of then runs continuously through the lounge to the kitchen and back again. Oh and I have to be on the lookout for one of them doing a poo and clean it quick or it stinks the house out again.

One will go outside but does the out in out in thing, on a daily basis at least 2 are sick on the carpet, they go outside eat grass run back in and puke. Or one of them poos in the grass in the back garden and the DDs can't play on it. Of they eat their food so fast they puke it back up.

Oh and they wake me up at night chasing each other and the other night they smashed a vase. And if I leave food out too long without watching it they lick and eat it (ie toast in the morning)

Why do I have cats, I would never wish them any harm and know it's the stress of the DDs but argh they drive me mad?

MadameOvary Wed 30-Jul-08 16:10:28

YABU to hate cats for being cats
YANBU for wanting to rant about it.
Hope it helped you having a vent.

beanieb Wed 30-Jul-08 16:12:52

My OH has one of those Lint rollers in the house and another in the car! We have 2 quite old cats and when they are not leaving hair all over the place they are being sick on the beds.

The younger but more annoying of the two has recently decided to live on the bathroom window sill (Outside) and Miaw constantly. She won't come down for food and I have to lean out the window and drag her through!

sweetkitty Wed 30-Jul-08 16:13:31

Thanks mine just seem to be the worst cats ever

What is it with the oh I'll go outside eat some grass come back in and sick it up again?

Oh I forgot something else one of them puts lots of food in his mouth goes into the lounge and spits it all back out again cue loads of little bits of spat out cat food everywhere!

Sorry blush

gingerninja Wed 30-Jul-08 16:20:17

Can you restrict their access to certain rooms so you don't have as much clearing up to do? What about some sort of kennel type thing outside? mine are never in in this weather which is great because frankly they get on my nerves too!

sweetkitty Wed 30-Jul-08 16:34:07

Oh thats another thing if I do close a door on them they scratch up the carpet outside and ruin it too angrysad

You would think they would want to go outside but two don't, well they go as far as the grass to eat and puke it thats their limit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now