Talk

Advanced search

To think hanging a dirty nappy sack on a buggy on a crowded train is gross?

(19 Posts)
kanx Wed 30-Jul-08 12:26:26

I was sitting opposite a woman on a tube who did this, after taking every wipe out of a packet and refolded each one and put in in a thin plastic container (who has the time to do this?).

She then reopened the nappy sack and put the empty wipe pack in there.

AIBU to think this is gross?

Kassius Wed 30-Jul-08 12:27:56

aybu? dunno, but maybe you should get out more.

littlelapin Wed 30-Jul-08 12:28:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gobbledigook Wed 30-Jul-08 12:28:59

Where else is she supposed to put it on the tube? Surely she was just waiting to get off the train and find a bin?!

belgo Wed 30-Jul-08 12:29:29

She had the time to fold the wipes, you obviously had the time to watch her.

Agree with Kassius

Alambil Wed 30-Jul-08 12:29:30

she was on a train, her DC had a dirty nappy - what was she meant to do? The nappy bag most likely stopped most of the smell escaping - moreso than if she'd let the child sit in it

WorzselMummage Wed 30-Jul-08 12:31:04

you do definatly need to get out more..

what was she supposed to do with it ?

muggglewump Wed 30-Jul-08 12:31:08

Where else would she put it?
YABU

Gateau Wed 30-Jul-08 12:34:25

What ele was she supposed to do with it - would you have preferred her to have thrown it on the floor.?
You are sad - go get a book for the tube.

kanx Wed 30-Jul-08 12:52:06

She probably was just waiting for a bin, but I'd have put it in the basket under the buggy.

Fair enough, I did ask for this bollocking, but it just came back to me after the changing-a-two-year-old-on-a-shopping-bench thread (yes I think that's gross too!)

I'll go back under my rock now!

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 12:56:37

Am i the only person who does that wipe thing? I have a little Huggies box and fold them and put them in the little box.

And yes I would probably ahve put the bag under the pram but maybe she didn't want to put a dirty bag in with clean things.

YABU

hatwoman Wed 30-Jul-08 13:00:53

oh lawks - so it's not the nappy sack on the pram, it's the precise position of the nappy sack on the pram. kassius is, as my 6 year old dd would say, way right.

nappyaddict Wed 30-Jul-08 13:10:58

perhaps the basket underneath her pram was full?

LadyThompson Wed 30-Jul-08 13:12:36

That's nothing, someone left a dirty nappy on the floor behind me on a plane. Not in a nappy sack. Now that IS gross.

FabioThatFirggingCat Wed 30-Jul-08 13:13:53

Maybe she was going to wrap the shitey nappy around her head, until she sensed the disapproving stares.

And items in the under basket of a buggy can rot remain there for weeks if you're not careful. My guess is that the poor woman has had one too many nappy sacks explode under a snoozing toddler not to have learned her lesson. Bag on handle = more likely to go in the bin.

Notyummy Wed 30-Jul-08 13:14:27

You take ALL the wipes out of a packet and FOLD them??

Are you mad?! grin

Sorry, but you need to get yourself a hobby to fill the time you must have on your hands....

Or maybe its just me not doing this, and I didn't realise its one of the things you are supposed to do?

Someone else please reassure me that I am not alone!

DontlookatmeImshy Wed 30-Jul-08 13:21:17

I'd guess she was just waiting till she found a bin rather than just lobbing it anywhere, and as for the wipes. I do that, it makes life easier when changing nappies out and about. I also put empty wipe packs in nappy sacks too.
Is it really such a big deal?

nappyaddict Wed 30-Jul-08 13:24:27

i just put a dirty nappy underneath my pushchair or in the hood sometimes. no nappy sack or anything. i suppose you'd think i was gross though. but then it was me who started the changing a nappy on a bench thread.

elmoandella Wed 30-Jul-08 13:24:34

YABU, if no bin where else is she gonna put it. in shopping basket ontop of her changing bag/shopping/clothes or whatever else is in there.

perhaps dc had done a number 2 while waiting on trin. dc was crying. so changed dc in pram. holding onto nappy till she found a bin.

what would you prefer
a)crying baby
b)she dumped nappy it at platform
c)she threw the empty wipe packet on train floor.
d)instead of keeping herself busy organised her wipes, she spent the journey staring into space or counting the chewing gum stains on the seats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now