Talk

Advanced search

to think my new clothes should not stink?

(6 Posts)
Upwind Wed 30-Jul-08 09:45:17

I ordered maternity jeans online from Dorothy Perkins as no high street store seems to sell them in longer lengths. They arrived stinking of chemicals/ammonia. I have now washed them twice before ever wearing them and they still smell, even after being left to air for days. I am feeling really angry.

They would never sell clothes smelling like this in stores, so why is it okay to sell them online? Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the smell out?

needtosavemoney Wed 30-Jul-08 09:52:04

YANBU
Ring up customer services and complain. When I was pregnant strong smells made me puke instantly.
I had a black pair of jeans once that smelt awful my auntie did something with biarb of soda and it helped a little bit.

nametaken Wed 30-Jul-08 09:53:24

Are you absolutely sure they smell and it's not your pregnancy hormones making you think they do?

Can anyone else smell it?

Upwind Wed 30-Jul-08 09:58:16

Yes, my DH confirms that they really stink - so badly that it would be offensive to other people even if I could bring myself to wear them.

I went to the website to find the customer services number but they seem to only allow complaints via a detailed online form.

Upwind Wed 30-Jul-08 10:02:18

Just phoned a local branch and asked to be transferred to customer services - they said I should phone back at 10am as they were not open yet.

This was at 9.59 grrr....

fabsmum Wed 30-Jul-08 10:27:05

That's horrible. It'd be a real problem for me as I get very sick and dizzy when I smell stuff like that.

Take them back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now