Talk

Advanced search

Next doors miss in MY garden !

(17 Posts)
SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:02:48

Ok, Next door have had cavity wall insulated today.
Asked for access as their wall is our boundry. Fine, let workman in, they asked if I had a hose as it would be a bit dirty. Ours at back of garage, so when the work was finished they hosed down, and hosed car.

Went out for the afternoon, just got in and my entire drive (bricked) car , kids toys, etc covered, looks like a sand storm has hit our garden.

Don't want any arguing, what shall I do ?

stitch Tue 29-Jul-08 17:04:38

ask them to clean it up

lazaroulovesleggings Tue 29-Jul-08 17:05:05

Hose it off yourself. Why didn't they tell you to cover your things up?

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:05:08

Sorry that should be MESS!

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:06:14

Don't know, bit mad really as I offered to move car, and stacked most of the garden toy out of the way !

lazaroulovesleggings Tue 29-Jul-08 17:08:10

It's a pita, but I wouldn't say anything to your neighbour. It would be courteous for them to offer to clean up, but much less hassle to do it yourself. Have they seen the mess?

MamaGLovesMe Tue 29-Jul-08 17:10:25

thought their miss was in your garden!

MamaGLovesMe Tue 29-Jul-08 17:11:12

why didn't they borrow your neighbours hose or come prepared?

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:11:23

Not sure, took a peek over their fence and their garden is the same !! I'm cross as trying to do dinner and little ones in and out, treading sand all through house ! Feeling like shouting over fence, "look at the state of our garden "

Twiglett Tue 29-Jul-08 17:11:42

hose it off

will take 10 mins

get a kid to do it for a giggle

and .. breathe ...

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:12:27

Yes sorry mama, typing to fast and not reading back !

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:14:39

Thanks twiglett, am now breathing deeply, and also looking at the bottle of rose in the fridge, perhaps I'll wait for DH to come home and send him round !!

branflake81 Tue 29-Jul-08 17:23:07

I think YABU, these things happen. No one set out to deliberately mess up your garden and the same would have happened if you had had work done to your house. I'd just clean it up and leave it be.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Tue 29-Jul-08 17:25:40

Perhaps they just haven't had a chance to hose it all off. It'll rain in the next day or so and wash it all away.

SJLTM Tue 29-Jul-08 17:30:24

Ok branflake and abc.... perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction !! not sure what DH will say when he sees his not so clean car !

stitch Wed 30-Jul-08 09:00:49

ive been thinking about this all since i posted, and i want to give comletely different advice now. dont say anything. not a thing. if you are enjoying a decent relationship with them. a live and let live one, then ignore it. they may, in the next day or so, offer to hose down your driveway, or the y may not. either way. dont make a fuss. just clean it up yourself in a day or so.
good neighboures. ones that dont moan about the smallest things, are like golden eggs.

SJLTM Thu 31-Jul-08 16:13:57

Thanks STITCH, bumped in to neighbour,( who can't actually see the mess that has been caused as behind gates ) And he offered his help to clean up, luckily its has now rained and most of the mess is washed away, glad I just left it as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now