Talk

Advanced search

about neighbours fence?

(10 Posts)
mustsleep Tue 29-Jul-08 14:59:51

ok i probably am as i am now 34 weeks pregnant, red hot and uncomfortable and have constant braxton hicks but any way...

our next door neighbours who are really nice btw have just had a new fence putin bwteen our house and theirs. it is actually our side in terms of deeds but we are skint although if they had asked us to pay half we would have but they didn;t ask us anything about it just went ahead

to begin with was quite chuffed as it gets rid of the bloody hedge that grows like crazy.....

but the men that have come to do said fence have been all over my garden which i understand they have to do but it's really pissed me off that they didnt even have the curtesy to knock on the door and let me know, just woke up one morning to lots of strange men in my garden

the bloke in charge has a rather large japanese akita and he'sjust letting it roam all over, i have mentioned to my neighbour that i'm not at all happy about this as ds is scared of dogs and dd has no sense at all and would gladly stick her hand in it;s mouth etc. neigbour just said oh dont worry she's fine with cats...... was thinking more about her mauling one of the kids but never mind

they look like they are finishing up now though anyway and have left a huge pile of dirt and rubble in our garden! an a huge gap down the edge of the fence right along the floor which they have filled in on neighbours side with concrete - are they not supposed to make good with both sides as we cannot afford to start repairing the gardenand it's a huge hole as the hedge was massive

i really don;t want to fall out with the neighbour and i am glad that they have sorted the fence out and extremely grateful that we haen;t had to pay anything- but is the firm they are using required to tidy ourside up too as they made the mess

hmm

DaphneMoon Tue 29-Jul-08 15:05:07

I would have thought they would have to make both sides of the fence tidy. BTW I wouldn't let a Japanese Akita within a mile of my DS they are not nice dogs, not known to like kids much! They have a similar dislike for very small children as rottweiliers, basically they don't like anything smaller than them! Before I get jumped on by all Akita/Rottweiler owners out there, it is a known trait in them, I am not saying that all of them are nasty.

DaphneMoon Tue 29-Jul-08 15:06:05

But yes, they should definately have made your side good.

mustsleep Tue 29-Jul-08 15:09:51

thanks i thought so

will have to wait until they have definately finished and if they haven;t sorted our side out will have broach it with neighbour

now how can i do that without looking like a bitch

shouldbeironing Tue 29-Jul-08 15:10:42

If they are still there I would go speak to them now and get them to sort it - otherwise would speak to the neighbour. Of course they should make good any damage they do to your property.

Frizbe Tue 29-Jul-08 15:12:49

I'd go and speak with them too if they're out there now, make sure they get your side sorted out before they leave.

worley Tue 29-Jul-08 15:13:22

was it a proper company of just some jack of all trade kind of group.

i recently came home to find some men working in my nextdoor neighbours garden, and they had trimmed down the conifers but what had fell on my side they just left and all her ivy cutting were chucked on my path and they left them, them when i complained she said they were just from a leaflet posted through her door, so i had to clear it all up, as she wasnt going to do it.
and im allergic to conifer cutting so i had to completly wrap my self up to pick them up

mustsleep Tue 29-Jul-08 15:20:13

think that they are actually a proper fence company but not sure how well extablishd or good they are

the neighbour is paying something ridiculous like £2k for the fence though

i have just called dh as i don;t realy feel comfortbale or confident enough to go outside and confront a load of men but if they are still here when he gets home in about half an hour he is going to mention it to them

DaphneMoon Tue 29-Jul-08 15:23:17

2k!! shock as it got gold knobs on!

MamaGLovesMe Tue 29-Jul-08 16:24:47

2k for a fence is ridiculous.

Panels are about £15 each.

Get your DH to sort this out and get that dog away from your kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now