Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To Not Find My Children Utterly Charming At All Times?

(8 Posts)
LeQueen Tue 29-Jul-08 13:15:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornsilk Tue 29-Jul-08 13:17:09

Children are not meant to be charming. Well that's what I tell myself anyway.
(Actually I bet David Cameron was charming as a child.)

HonoriaGlossop Tue 29-Jul-08 13:22:29

I do think you have to lower your standards in the holidays grin my house won't be gleaming till September and I only have one child! Acceptance is a marvellous thing

<ommmmmmmmmm>

Having said that I wouldn't let them trash the living room then head out; bedrooms and garden are pretty much fair game for mess to me, but the living room is MINE and I WILL have it tidied before we go on to the next thing.

elmoandella Tue 29-Jul-08 13:30:53

lock the garage some days. then its just house they trash .

OrmIrian Tue 29-Jul-08 13:34:32

Learn to growl in a meaningful manner. It works. Eventually. You will end up with a sore throat at first.

But I relate to your post 100%. I really don't have a problem with them getting things out to play with. But do they really have to get everything out at once? And can they really not put anything away? And is it really only interesting for 10 minutes?

Turniphead1 Tue 29-Jul-08 13:35:45

I have found the answer. Half of my house is out of bounds/packed up due to building work. I have far less space to tidy, they have far less stuff to make a mess with. It's bliss....and they don't seem noticeably deprived grin.

Oh there is going to be one hell of a clear out when this work is finished. Children have too much stuff. Half the problem.

posieflump Tue 29-Jul-08 13:42:32

sounds like my ds
he goes out into the garden (with dd, always his younger sister has to go too whether she wants to or not), he gets everything out, then dd ficks a speck of water from the sandpit table onto his trousers so they both march back in, he changes his whole outfit, then shoes go back on, out they go, back in 2 seconds later, inot lounge, row over the same toy, etc etc

suedonim Tue 29-Jul-08 14:16:46

Bless the OP. I always think motherhood consists of starting many things but finishing very few. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now