Talk

Advanced search

To expect people NOT to rearrange my magazines?

(64 Posts)
Guineveresmummy Tue 29-Jul-08 11:33:25

We have some friends staying at the moment. I don't know who did it, but I have two magazine racks in my bathroom. One is for my home and garden magazines, the other is for all other magazines.
SOMEONE has been in there and obviously had a little read and now they are all mixed up.
I feel a little upset as they were all in order of issue, so now I have to sort them all out.

angry

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Tue 29-Jul-08 11:35:16

jesus! did they use the 'good' soap as well? i bet they didn't put the dolly cover back on the loo paper.

aGalChangedHerName Tue 29-Jul-08 11:36:08

And you are angry about that??

Just sort them out again fgs!!

TheProvincialLady Tue 29-Jul-08 11:36:25

Best to lock everything away when you have people to stay, or maybe issue a library card for each guest and set up a Dewy system?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IAmNotHere Tue 29-Jul-08 11:36:56

Shoot your friends, the thoughtless bastards. You'll do jail but it'll be worth it. I expect they don't ask before moving your sofa cushions either. Fuckers.

2point4kids Tue 29-Jul-08 11:37:17

Maybe they touched them before they washed their hands too wink

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Tue 29-Jul-08 11:37:28

sometimes guests don't rearrange the pleats on my shower curtain in a symetrical fashion and it drives me fecking nuts.

yanbu

Ambi Tue 29-Jul-08 11:37:30

rofl, blimey that's a crisis isn't it.

Guineveresmummy Tue 29-Jul-08 11:38:33

Should I say something? I don't want to cause a rift but this has really upset me.

solidgoldbrass Tue 29-Jul-08 11:38:35

OCD, PMT or do you just need a kick in the fanjo?

hana Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:28

is this a windup?

GillianLovesMarmite Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:47

never mind the guests... I don't know whether I'm more envious that the bathroom is large enough to have 2 magazine racks, or that you have time to arrange magazines in order! Mine are just in one huge pile and I'd love someone to come and re-arrange them on the offchance they might end up in a better order than they are now!

onepieceoflollipop Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:52

There is another thread where the op is wondering if she should tidy her friend's house whilst doing the friend a favour and waiting in for a parcel. Hope this friend isn't you or you will be very angry indeed.

I wouldn't notice if someone had rearranged my magazines tbh. Underwear, yes or "treat" tin, but magazines, no.

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:58

i think you should introduce a rule book for guests to sign in future. don't make a scene this time but be extra cautious with your coasters during drinks, - they sound like the sort to leave [shudder] rings.

wigparty Tue 29-Jul-08 11:40:31

ROFL. Is this for real?

Guineveresmummy Tue 29-Jul-08 11:40:43

I probably should have put them away before our friends came, but I would expect them to respect my system. Maybe they aren't the people I thought they were.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 29-Jul-08 11:40:44

I would be more worried that the magazines might get soggy and splashed with water and/or various fluids.

FrannyandZooey Tue 29-Jul-08 11:41:22

arf
good one

wigparty Tue 29-Jul-08 11:42:04

I'd dump them GM, they obviously aren't suitable friends material.

Go and chuck their bags out onto the street now grin

onepieceoflollipop Tue 29-Jul-08 11:42:10

If they were behaving so badly in the bathroom have you checked that they used the right towels, left the soap dispenser facing the right way etc etc? There may be no end to this I fear.

wheresthehamster Tue 29-Jul-08 11:43:24

YANBU. I think you should sit them all down together and find out who did it. It's really not on.

Whatever you are charging them to stay with you it's obviously not enough. Maybe a £100 deposit up front next time? That should be enough to pay for your time in having to put them back in order

HTH

littlelapin Tue 29-Jul-08 11:43:24

TheArmadillo Tue 29-Jul-08 11:44:30

windup I reckon - has ignored the fact that everyone thinks she is unreasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now