Talk

Advanced search

to feel a bit sorry for myself

(8 Posts)
Tas1 Mon 28-Jul-08 08:52:55

We should have been setting off on our holiday today, two weeks in France.sad
DH has been made redundant, as company gone into administration (no redundancy package)angry
So we have had to cancel holiday so DH can job hunt. DC's (13,11,5) trying to be OK about it but I know deep down they are upset, as they have been looking forward to it for months.
I am now trying to think of things to keep them entertained for very little money, as we have no main wage coming in now just my PT wage (which dose not even cover mortgage).

Sorry, I know there are lots of people worse off than us, but just having a 'feeling sorry for myself' moment. sad

posieflump Mon 28-Jul-08 08:54:04

yanbu
have you looked in the local paper for oads of free stuff that might be on
whereabouts are you?

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 28-Jul-08 08:56:02

Gosh you poor thing

My dad had a few years of unsettled employment in my teens and I did understand the realities so don't feel too guilty about the kids.

I really hope your dh gets a job asap. Make sure you try and go away even for a short break once he does.

posieflump Mon 28-Jul-08 08:58:00

yes the kids will be fine once they have got used to the idea of not going away
do they have loads of mates nearby they can go and cause trouble with wink

stitch Mon 28-Jul-08 09:02:47

you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself.

i knew someone who had a great wedding planned. she had to cancel about a week or so before because he was acomplete shit, and it was her decision to cancel the wedding . and better to find out before etc etc. but she was miserable for missing out on her wedding.

Tas1 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:05:53

Thank you.
We live in kent, spent yesturday at camber Sands with a picknic, had a nice day.
DH has a couple of interviews lined up for this week, one of which is in London so thought we could use our Family and Friends rail card and go with him and visit free museums while he is at interview.
If the weather is good, I can get away with cheap days out and picknics but I'm dreading the weather turning, as I find it hard to find cheap indoor things to do.

We have said to DC's that when Daddy gets a new job we will try to go away for a long weekend later on in the year.

Christie Mon 28-Jul-08 09:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tas1 Mon 28-Jul-08 20:00:28

Thanks everyone.
Feel a bit better today.
Took DC's pond dipping.grin
DH has a couple of interviews booked for this week so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now