Talk

Advanced search

To think that life is just a bit bloody shit sometimes.

(18 Posts)
kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 20:03:42

Sorry this is a bit of a double post from miscarriage thread but thought i might more of a response here on a sunday eve.

Basically my sister has been trying for a baby for more than 3 years. Unexplained infertility, Had IUI 5 months ago. BFP but then MMC - only found at routine. She was heartbroken.

Just gone through another IUI - BFP on thursday with clear blue digital(period due that day.) Did another test today just because hospital had given her an extra one - but it was negative. Did another one and negative too. So looks like another negative. She is just so so upset.

I know nobody every deserves these things - but she really doesnt. And shed be such a brilliant mum.

Anyway does anyone know what will happen now. Will she have to wait long for her period to arrive and will it just be like a normal period. will she need any medical intervention like with MMC or will it all just happen.

Sorry this probably shouldnt be in this section but just looking for some answers for her x

bellabelly Sun 27-Jul-08 20:10:53

Were the negative tests also Clearblue digital? Or different type? Some hpts are more sensitive than others which could explain the different results.

bellabelly Sun 27-Jul-08 20:12:50

Also, I think it is really really unusual to get a false positive on a digi. And if Thursday's bfp was real, surely if she has miscarried, she would still be getting positives at this stage because the hormones take time to settle back down.

I really hope she can get some answers soon.

Habbibu Sun 27-Jul-08 20:15:02

No answers, kizzie, but so sorry for your sister's losses - really crap. I do hope she has better news soon.

kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 20:19:13

From what ive read it looks like a chemical pregnancy would show up like this.

(One of the tests she did today was a clear blue digital too - she had one left over - so same as thursday.)

I think (but dont know) that with a chemical pregnancy the hormones drop quickly so you can have a positive one day - then negative the next - and definately 3 days later.

Has anyone had a chemical? Just wondering what might happen for her now.

She had a terrible time with the MMC - they hospital brought her in to bring on miscarriage but the drugs didnt work and they kept having to give her more.

TwoBigNorks Sun 27-Jul-08 21:08:18

The second time I miscarried I did a test every day and they faded gradually over at least a week.

bellabelly Sun 27-Jul-08 23:05:04

Oh Kizzie, I feel so sad for your sister. I don't know anything about chem preg but must be devastating to think you have a bfp and then get a neg after everything she's gone through. Will she contact her doc tomorrow and find out what happens next? I really hope the bfns were wrong. You sound like a lovely supportive sister.

TheLordFlasheart Mon 28-Jul-08 02:23:38

Message withdrawn

sakurarose39 Mon 28-Jul-08 02:30:36

nice hmm
ignore TheLordFlasher....

sorry to hear about your sister - my sis is TTC at the mo and it ain't happening. Tis shit, I agree.

waitinonasunnyday Mon 28-Jul-08 02:31:28

thelordflasheart-have reported your post,you should be ashamed of yourself.

HumphreySmallPillow Mon 28-Jul-08 02:32:51

just report the post, and ignore the attention-seeking idiot. smile
hopefully all traces will be gone before the OP comes back to the thread.

Califrau Mon 28-Jul-08 02:33:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ExterminAitch Mon 28-Jul-08 02:35:41

oh FUCK RIGHT OFF, you sick wanker.

sorry kizzie, sometimes you get a troll on here and they just go too far. try to ignore him (where i have failed). so sorry to hear about your sister, will she be able to get more IUI do you think?

kizzie Mon 28-Jul-08 09:05:35

Oh Nice sad. I just logged on to see if anymore advice.

Thanks everyone else for thoughts.

FioFio Mon 28-Jul-08 09:07:01

Message withdrawn

ShowOfHands Mon 28-Jul-08 09:10:53

I've had a chemical pg, they're sadly very common indeed. It went from positive to negative extremely quickly and my period was only a couple of days late. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't tested.

I wish your dsis a lot of luck and strength.

mamadiva Mon 28-Jul-08 09:19:46

Hi Kizzie- Have just read this thread and thought I would just come and leave you a message.

I have a friend who was told she was infertile due to polycystic ovaries, after she had been trying for 5 years with DH and the only thing that ever happened was a sudden miscarriage, she didn't even know she was pregnant until it happened but nothing after that. Two years ago she started something like IVF, soz not sure what it's called, and concieved after 3 attempts eventually she is now 8.5months pregnant. Sorry for rambling on but am just trying to explain that it can and hopefully will happen for your sister eventually.

You sound like such a lovely, caring sister and she's lucky to have you there to support her through this difficult stage. I hope everything gets sorted for her.

mamadiva Mon 28-Jul-08 09:22:31

Also wasn't going to but have to say that whever posted that EVIL message, get a life if the only thing you have to do is make fun of someone else's misery then you really do get out more. I'm sure we'd actually be bothered about your little comment if it weren't so tragic that you obviously have nothing else to do with your time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now