Talk

Advanced search

To think after 6 hours of cleaning after my birthday party last night it would be ok to eat the Thorntons champagne bottle I got?

(11 Posts)
Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 16:31:29

So last night I had a wonderful birthday party, It was a BBQ the weather was lovely, the bubbley flowed, the food was wonderful and I was lucky enough to have my family and friends share it with me, One of my lovely friends brought me a chocolate champagne bottle and it is sitting looking at me begging to be eaten.

DP has gone out with my sister and her DP to a jazz thing, my sons are with DH1 and I have spent 6 hours cleaning up after last night, stripping beds rounding up used towles, loading and unloading dishwasher and washing floors,

So AIBU to think I should have a nibble before everyone gets in and wants to have some too!!hmm

themoon66 Sun 27-Jul-08 16:33:28

Eat it all ... go on. With a huge pot of tea to wash it down.

glaskham Sun 27-Jul-08 16:35:22

i'd have been eating it between cleaning!!! get it down your neck woman!! there's no sharing thorntons when its given to you as a birthday pressy!!

<wonders how on earth you didn't know that rule!!>

BouncingTurtle Sun 27-Jul-08 16:36:57

I can't believe you are even asking - of course YANBU you silly mare! Enjoy! And don't leave 'em any!

Pheebe Sun 27-Jul-08 16:37:53

Good God! What are you waiting for. Cup of tea/coffee/left over champagne and scoff the lot. You've earnt it grin

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 16:39:35

Thank you ladies, grin I had no idae about the stuffing it yourself rule glaskham, thank you for education me grin

Would it be really really bad to have a glass of left over bubbley with it?

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 16:40:29

In my defence it is going to melt if I don't
Yes yes I could put it in the fridge but thats not the same grin

glaskham Sun 27-Jul-08 16:43:56

Have whatever you want- if your DP comes home to a sloshed kimi with a face covered in chocolate then just explain that it would be a waste of bubbly if you'd not drank it, and the chocolate was melting so you had to rescue it with your mouth!!

and no probs about the education of choccy rules!!

BouncingTurtle Sun 27-Jul-08 16:45:29

Or you could just blame it on us!

Pheebe Sun 27-Jul-08 16:46:26

You CANNOT put thorntons choccie in the fridge - that is punishable with a custodial sentence

Best be on the safe side, glass of bubbly and get it eaten grin

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 16:52:10

grin

MUMSNET MADE ME DO ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

I am going to have dinner at DH1s tonight (Anorak is DH1s cousin and is staying for a month and is cooking din dins so if I am a little on the pissed side at least I don't have to cook grin).

I shall save the cork as that is solid chocolate for DSs.

I have to admit I have spent the last 6 hours cleaning and singing along to the hits of the 80s CDs I got as a gift, 100 80s hits, happy little me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now