Talk

Advanced search

to think that people who beep at learner drivers are blardy rude

(67 Posts)
giraffescantdancethetango Sat 26-Jul-08 22:53:19

ok ok I know we are a complete pain in the bum, but Im only had my 2nd lesson today and imo Im doing well, I was a wee bit slow turning in to park which was between 2 other parked cars, and inconsiderate driver started beeping. I had indicated, its not like I was doing anything dangerous.

Everyone who is a driver had to be a sometime, all drivers have been there and its not like beeping is going to make me go any faster, infact it had the opposite effect of making me lose my concentration.

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 26-Jul-08 22:53:58

*be a learner sometime

MamaG Sat 26-Jul-08 22:54:17

yes YABU you should keep off the raod, out of the way of us proper drivers wink

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 26-Jul-08 22:55:52

bump

oops sorry mamag i accidently crashed in to your car there sorry couldn't help it...Im a learner <innocent face>

ScottishMummy Sat 26-Jul-08 22:56:29

when i was learning a Bus Driver was behind me beeeping,gesticulating.i froze stalled car

MamaG Sat 26-Jul-08 22:57:03

<<makes claim for whiplash>>

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 26-Jul-08 23:00:45

<<emails www.cheapolawyerschannel5stylee.com>>

TheHedgeWitch Sat 26-Jul-08 23:03:06

Message withdrawn

tigana Sat 26-Jul-08 23:05:49

rude AND stupid.
If anything will make a learner drive even more slowly and cautiously it is knowing they are annoying others (IME)

youcannotbeserious Sat 26-Jul-08 23:06:43

I have to agree with The HedgeWitch - If I ever beep at L drivers (which is rarely), it's the instructor I'm having a pop at.

I think a lot of instructors take L drivers to unsuitable places.

That's what's unreasonable.

tigana Sat 26-Jul-08 23:08:07

Would never beep at a learner.
Might mutter under my breath.

Have been that learner sooo many times. Remember being intimidated by buses and taxis being bolshy...

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 26-Jul-08 23:11:16

really thw? on my first lesson i drove through a main junction in glasgow at rush hour (its 2 min from where i live and my lesson was at rush hour time)

next time he says hes not going to drive me to a quiet place to start me off, its all gonna be me next time. he says he goes for the throw in at deep end approach.

ScottishMummy Sat 26-Jul-08 23:12:40

lol i learned in West end and Gt western road.scary

tigana Sat 26-Jul-08 23:12:58

throw in at deep end might work for you.
Wouldn't have done for me.
If he is tailoring it to you then ok, if he does that with everyone regardless of their confidence/personality/skills, then he is a bit rubbish.
See how it goes.

PeterDuck Sat 26-Jul-08 23:19:25

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Sat 26-Jul-08 23:55:13

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Sat 26-Jul-08 23:56:36

Message withdrawn

Capital Sun 27-Jul-08 00:04:45

My first lessons took place in Brixton town centre in rush hour. Everybody beeps everybody there. I was so shit scared I didn't notice/care if I got hooted at so long as I didn't *crash* them.

greenlawn Sun 27-Jul-08 09:41:57

Beeped at one the other day - he pulled straight out in front of me at a roundabout without looking to the right. The next roundabout he did the same again to another driver. Then mounted the pavement. This was a driving school car so I'm assuming the car had dual controls and the instructor should've taken control on that occasion.

Beeping fine if used for its proper purpose - ie to warn of the fact that you are there - not OK as a rebuke.

misdee Sun 27-Jul-08 09:46:08

winds me up.

even now if i get tooted for being too slow for others, i tend to then take my time to wind them up even more. blush its not something i do on purpose. but when they beep i do check my mirror to see whats going on, so it takes a few seconds longer to do what i'm doing.

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 27-Jul-08 12:12:50

same as me scottish mummy grin anniesland cross at 5.30 on first lesson aaaargh

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 27-Jul-08 12:14:36

well done peterduck and thanks

IllegallyBrunette Sun 27-Jul-08 12:15:06

No one has beeped at me yet, but a woman did give me a look that could kill when I stalled just before pulling onto a roundabout.

My instructor said she gets beeped at when she is in the car alone alot too.

ScottishMummy Sun 27-Jul-08 12:19:39

LOL anniesland X heading to knightswood effing big bus giving it yee-haw at me.100 biddies gawping and tutting from bus

oh the joy

NoBiggy Sun 27-Jul-08 12:41:44

We sometimes have 3 learner drivers from different schools in our road practicing one thing or another at the same time. The road must be about 400 yards long.

Sometimes they are obviously in one of their first lessons, from the look on their faces as they launch themselves towards you and are not sure how to stop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now