Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with MIL again?

(12 Posts)
katiepotatie Sat 26-Jul-08 13:27:20

Mil is alway complaining about not getting to babysit DD 15 mnths, (my mother watches DD 2 days a week) so we arranged dinner and pictures for last night and she was to babysit. She called at the last minute to cancel! As she was worried she wouldn't be able to cope hmm My lovely sister cancelled her plans and came over instead. I am so miffed by my PIL angry

milknosugar Sat 26-Jul-08 13:29:12

yanbu cos it was crap of her to cancel

but think of the positive side - any time she complains you can now tell her you cant book stuff because she might cancel. so it shuts her up complaining. good result imo!

dmo Sat 26-Jul-08 13:31:26

i would be so cross

my boys are 11 and 12 and pil and my parents have never babysat ever pil said they are not intreasted shock and my parents are too busy

i would rather pay somebody so i know i can relay on them

alicet Sat 26-Jul-08 13:35:23

Spot on what milknosugar said. A pain at the time (although at least you managed to go out - I know how valuable this is!) but at the end of the day hopefully it will shut up her moaning!

TenaciousG Sat 26-Jul-08 17:39:08

Yeah, think of it as anti-moaning ammo in the bank wink.

katiepotatie Sat 26-Jul-08 21:21:35

I was so annoyed last night, then she cancelled again this morning, she was supposed to be taking DD to Butterfly World. She said she wasn't sure if she could go??? We popped in to visit her late afternoon and she had spent the day sun bathing in the garden??(which is fine, but do not moan at me that you are missing out on so much of DD's life) This is the final straw for me angry

alicet Sun 27-Jul-08 14:12:36

I would just expect nothing - can understand it's frustrating that she moans then doesn't follow through.

If it's no skin off your nose (she doesn't live too far etc) then be the better person and continue to ask her for your dd's sake (and for more anti moan ammo) but not for anything important where you need reliable help

barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 14:26:40

Be happy that you child has loving grandparents from either side. Mine only have my mum who is too old and frail to look after them alone.

don't mean to sound harsh, but i would love to have in laws to even moan about.

katiepotatie Sun 27-Jul-08 20:52:26

I know I am lucky that DD has two set of GP who love her lots. I just think that one day DD will be old enough to realise that she is continually being let down, by GP who are basically just lazysad

TenaciousG Sun 27-Jul-08 21:27:13

Barnsley Belle (hijack: hey I am one of those too: tarn represent grin) you totally have a point, but otoh, I think people are perfectly entitled to moan about people who let them down or get on their nerves tbh (and some pils do far worse than that) whoever they might be.

Katie, it's your i-ls' loss. But sad for dd.

Eddas Sun 27-Jul-08 21:45:18

katie, that'd annoy me too. TBH I wouldn't worry about what dd will think about pil in the future. I'm in a similar position re crappy gp's. MIl and step fil are brilliant and pretty much have dc whenver we ask(even though they have 5 grandchildren) my dad and step mother wouldn't even have them for a few hours(all to do with step mother) and fil is a little odd so doesn't see my dc much at all.

I have taken the view that my dc will realise in their own time(they are 4 and 15 months) and that it's my dad and dh's dad that are missing out. My dc are lucky they have mil and step fil who are lovely.

katiepotatie Sun 27-Jul-08 22:59:00

Well they popped in to see her this afternoon for half an hour at least that's something smile
The babysitting on Friday was most annoying coz we only arranged to go out so she could babysit, I was happy to stay in and watch Big Brother blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now