Talk

Advanced search

it's a small grudge but it's a grudge nonetheless.

(16 Posts)
Califrau Thu 24-Jul-08 23:13:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AvenaLife Thu 24-Jul-08 23:15:27

Men are from mars. That's all I have to say. You are very lucky for this. grin

Tippychick Thu 24-Jul-08 23:15:30

hmmm, might be expecting too much.
I become obsessive about getting everything out for the binmen, I whip nappies off bums and make people finish food to get everything in the bin for Monday morning. Which for an obsessive person is a good time to have a bin collection, v tidy.

youcannotbeserious Thu 24-Jul-08 23:15:59

In my opinion, YABU.

My DH won't even consider putting anything into recycling piles and never puts the bins out (he's not here during the week)

I have to go through the bags of rubbish when he's about and take the recycling out.

Now THAT is lazy!

wigparty Thu 24-Jul-08 23:16:39

My DP has invisible glasses and bowls that sit beside him. He really can't see them so would sit there until they dissolved unless I cleared them away!

YANBU

wrinklytum Thu 24-Jul-08 23:18:04

I feel your pain.I am quite anal about putting stuff in the recycling as soon as I have a tin/bottle or 2....DP ignores it as if invisible....our recycling is monthly...AAARRGHH."Its so petty" he says.Well yes,Isuppose it is unless you want to create a recycling mountain as a sculpture feature...

wigparty Thu 24-Jul-08 23:18:24

Still reckon he could take those out with him on the way to work. But Avenalife sums it up well! I don't reckon he's being lazy, it just doesn't occur to him.

dittany Thu 24-Jul-08 23:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bettythebuilder Thu 24-Jul-08 23:36:42

yanbu. Men's minds operate on a different plane, and it's most certainly not a higher one.

HollyandNoah Fri 25-Jul-08 00:11:24

my oh doesnt, no matter how often i ask him to, seperate our recycling. He just puts EVERYTHING in the kitchen bin. drives me crazy. but i dont think they work the same way as us. men eh

Triathlete Sat 26-Jul-08 00:28:59

He goes out to earn money for the family at 6.30 am, and you're giving him a hard time cos he leaves an empty carton in the kitchen? Which you only find when you get up at 8.00am?

You're not just being unreasonable, you're being a harpy. Leave him alone.

Capital Sat 26-Jul-08 00:34:44

get up earlier on bin collecting day. smile

ravenAK Sat 26-Jul-08 00:34:57

Get some of those clearly marked re-cycling tubs you can get from Lakeland/Argos?

But one carton, one bottle - no big deal. Juice & milk are readily rinseable.

My dh has had to be trained out of hurling unrinsed catfood tins into the green bin - they're there for up to a month. & some poor sod has to sort it all by hand <boak>

JulesJules Sat 26-Jul-08 00:44:28

Yanbu. Men are wubbish at wubbish.

PazzaPlusTwo Sat 26-Jul-08 01:00:10

i think yabu

c'mon ... life's too short! wink

ScottishMummy Sat 26-Jul-08 01:07:27

i opened this expecting something juicy (get it)some misplaced cartons isn't a grudge its you having a misplaced sense of what is actually important

be thankful that is all that rocks your world

compared to
financial crisis
economic recession
important stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now