Talk

Advanced search

to shout at this nasty woman

(18 Posts)
iliketosleep Thu 24-Jul-08 00:13:23

Went to chip shop to get some tea as I couldnt get potatoes from anywhere, dds came with me and when we had been served and got back to the car dd2 realised she had left her high school musical book on the counter, I was parked about 3 feet away from the shop so said "go and run in and get it quickly then".

Off she went with dd1 following close behind.

There is a blind spot coming out of the shop so you cannot see anyone coming in from the inside or going out from the out. DD1 went to turn into the shop just as this old hag was walking out and they almost bumped into each other. DD said sorry and stepped to the side to let her out. the stupid bint pushed past her and muttered "fucking stupid little brat" under her breath. to which i went MAD!!!

AIBU? well dont care tbh just wanted to get it off my chest, but they say kids are rude angry

1dilemma Thu 24-Jul-08 00:17:26

YANBU
yes some dcs are exactly like that however I find some older people can be worse and of course they always take it out on the 'sweet' 'nice' ones

Hecate Thu 24-Jul-08 00:19:06

What did you say to her then?

HumphreySmallPillow Thu 24-Jul-08 00:19:37

What did you say?

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 24-Jul-08 00:21:35

Oh dear

A fine example of adult behaviour for your DDs, shouty women all over the place, eh?

twentypence Thu 24-Jul-08 00:53:11

Good that you set a perfect example yourself wink

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Thu 24-Jul-08 01:49:55

if someone swore, fullon, at my ds i'd go ballistic too!

i'd rather stand up for him and defend him and tell some old bat that she was being out of line, than let it pass and let my son think its ok for strangers to swear at him when he's done nothing wrong.

iliketosleep, to me YANBU at all!

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Thu 24-Jul-08 01:49:56

if someone swore, fullon, at my ds i'd go ballistic too!

i'd rather stand up for him and defend him and tell some old bat that she was being out of line, than let it pass and let my son think its ok for strangers to swear at him when he's done nothing wrong.

iliketosleep, to me YANBU at all!

S1ur Thu 24-Jul-08 01:57:20

It all rather depends on how you went mad doesn't it?

If by mad you calmly and firmly (with steely eyes) explained the error of her ways then bravo, if you you screamed like a harpi shouting 'you fucking swear at my kid I'll fucking swear at you' then that's not so great.

I'll sit on the fence over there until you spill. wink

xlr8 Thu 24-Jul-08 02:24:40

I have raised to very young and polite little boys who will happily hold a door open for anyone, however I have also taught them that not saying thank you when someone does this for you is VERY rude. So, on MANY occations when they have held the door for people (usually OLD people) I say very loudly how rude the person was to NoT say thank you or even acknowledge them!!>> Both of my boys will say '' It's my pleassure, have a nice day''
IT is almost always old people. It really winds me up. In this day and age , how on earth are the youngsters supposed to RESPECT their elders, when they have absolutlely no intention of returning it????

Personally I find that pointing out rudeness, politely and VERY loudly does the trick!!

xlr8 Thu 24-Jul-08 02:25:06

TWO

SSSandy2 Thu 24-Jul-08 07:43:01

what an unnecessarily horrible thing for her to say to your dd. shock

BouncingTurtle Thu 24-Jul-08 07:45:44

Nasty old witch.
Hope she has huge boils on her bum grin

But I want to know what your response was!

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 24-Jul-08 08:12:08

I hope you calmly told her off and then made her stand there until she apologised to your DD grin

iliketosleep Thu 24-Jul-08 09:42:57

Sorry i went to bed, i was tired grumpy and sulking lol grin

I was just ranting on about how it was an accident and how rude she was, was about to mention if she didnt take up the whole doorway with her lard arse then it wouldnt have happened but i saw dd was upset so we left.

Just made me so bloody angry angry

iliketosleep Thu 24-Jul-08 10:49:27

oh and dds are only 6 and 7 so this made it 10x more innapropriate i think, if they were about 10 upwards it wouldn't have been QUITE so bad (although still bad!) poor dd was crying her eyes out

Ripeberry Thu 24-Jul-08 13:48:56

God!, this reminds me of a conversation i overhear at a bus stop once years ago.
These two old ladies were sitting there and i thought nothing about it, until i started to hear swear words coming from these grannies.
They were basically watching a woman accross the street trying to get her little boy, must have been about 18 months into a buggy and he was having a bit of a tantrum.
Anyway, these ladies were saying that kids these days are spoilt and they should all be beaten every day to make sure they know who is boss and the worst one should be put in care!
My jaw was on the floor by now, but then the bus came (not the one i wanted) and they "escaped" , i just gave them an evil glare.
But it did upset me a lot as i was trying for a baby at the time and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, so was feeling a bit fragile.
Some older people do forget that they were kids once, but these two just had very bad manners angry

iliketosleep Thu 24-Jul-08 14:19:30

Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing their kids had hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now