Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect owner of dog who burst my dd's nose today to ask if she was ok

(12 Posts)
singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:11:14

Okay we were at the park, having a lovely day. DD 2 (5) asked a man if she could pet his puppy and the man said yes, while she was petting the dog it jumped up banging her on the nose (a witness said it snapped at her but I dont know) which instantly exploded all over the place. While we were trying to calm and clean up dd the man with the dog sneaked past us and ran off. Is it too much for him to ask if she was ok???? I know accidents happen and puppies are boisterious so I am not laying blame I just think it is downright bad manners to not even ask if the child is ok. What do you all think??

2shoes Wed 23-Jul-08 19:12:17

bad manners, but maybe he had visions of his dog being put down.

notjustmom Wed 23-Jul-08 19:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:15:02

You have all said exactly what my dh said. TBH though I have 2 dogs first of all I would never take them to such a busy place with hundreds of kids and secondly my only concern would be for the child. Thinking my dog was going to be put down would be the last thing on my mind, I would be devistated if my dog did this to a child. Just needed to rant really. DD is fine thanks for asking.

notjustmom Wed 23-Jul-08 19:17:42

singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:20:02

I wasnt going to yell at the guy, I know that accidents happen. With regards to taking dogs to busy places, I do take mine to busy places I just wouldnt have taken them to a park that busy when you are going to play with your children and the puppy cannot get into the park or understand why it is not allowed in. I do take mine to busy places too (didnt put that very well did I). I am not upset as such I just wanted to see if IABU to expect an apology and I can see now that perhaps the guy just got a fright and done a runner. Thanks

singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:20:34

p.s not just mom I have just given a name suggestion to your other thread. lol

notjustmom Wed 23-Jul-08 19:21:52

notjustmom Wed 23-Jul-08 19:22:27

welshlinz Wed 23-Jul-08 19:24:18

singyswife, I have 2 springers ( both very lively ). One is 2 and the other 10 weeks. Everybody always asks if they can stroke the dogs and I do as notjustmom does. Say yes but explain they may nip etc..
BUT........I completely agree with you on this. If one of my dogs jumped up and did any harm to somebody elses child ( accidentally or otherwise ) I would be distraught and be very concerned about the child. I would certainly not run away !! He's probably sick with worry now and tbh, serves him right, the big coward !!

singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:25:37

Yeah I can see it now too!!! Thank you for helping me see sense. TBH I took dd to the shop for ice cream after it happened (she deserved it grin) and if I had seen the guy I think my MIL would have killed him. I would have made some cheeky comment like 'she's okay by the way thanks for asking'. MIL would have -cut his balls off- (apologies if striking doesnt work, have never done it before.

singyswife Wed 23-Jul-08 19:26:59

Thank you welshlinz. I do the same when people ask to clap my dogs as one of them is very very lively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now