Talk

Advanced search

To think DP giving me a birthday card with a big 40 on it is not funny

(15 Posts)
Kimi Wed 23-Jul-08 08:29:28

I AM ONLY 37 TODAY hmm

He thought it was soooooooooooooooo funny!!!!
Did give me a "real" card too,and took me for a surprise trip to Venice at the weekend so I can't be too mad at him. grin

He has a big birthday next year so I will get revenge for the card grin

2point4kids Wed 23-Jul-08 08:34:42

Sorry but a trip to Venice more than cancels out a joke card!
YABU but Happy Birthday grin

Kimi Wed 23-Jul-08 08:37:05

Thought so grin

YumeeMumee Wed 23-Jul-08 08:41:00

I agree....not so funny but the trip to Venice [and a 'real' card too] makes up for it!!

Happy Birthday smile

Lucifera Wed 23-Jul-08 08:42:19

Being 40 also not the end of the world.

lizziemun Wed 23-Jul-08 09:19:51

My dad gave me a 40 yr old card last year when i was 38.

Now surely he remembers when i was born i mean he was there. He remembers what film he was watching and made my mum wait until the film finished before he took her to hospital.

Anyway happy birthday and enjoy your time in Venice.

TheHedgeWitch Wed 23-Jul-08 09:34:03

Message withdrawn

JumpingDizzy Wed 23-Jul-08 09:35:25

I've just turned 40 and it rocks! grin

Have a wonderful time in Venice though you young whippersnapper you wink

lucyellensmum Wed 23-Jul-08 10:26:09

Kimi, he sounds like a star grin Venice??? Wow - how romantic is that envy. And of course you have ample time to plot your revenge wink. Postors all over town spring to mind, my uncle did this to my aunt, explaining how she really musn't be out alone and is likely to come on to young men on building sites shock. Mind you, they are divorced now hmm. I don't think that was the problem.

I will look out for a thread next year searching for sweet revenge

Alambil Wed 23-Jul-08 11:11:39

haha I think that's funny!

3littlefrogs Wed 23-Jul-08 11:13:38

I would LOVE to be 40 again. (Am the wrong side of 50 now sad.

whispywhisp Wed 23-Jul-08 11:30:12

I was 40 in Feb. I'm still waiting for a trip or meal out somewhere.....

All I got was balloons strapped to the front fence of the garden, a poster stuck to the bonnet of my car, and the boot of my car full of confetti which took bloody ages to hoover out.

Oh and from DH some more Bronnley soap and talc (got the same at Xmas...and when I opened it then I said 'oh, how lovely...(not)...' so he went and bought me some more thinking I really liked it. DD1 piped up 'that's what Granny uses!'...but he still didn't get the hint.

Next year, for my 41st, I expect I'll get a hot water bottle and some Granny-fied slippers with baubles and velcro fastening.

whispywhisp Wed 23-Jul-08 11:31:39

Oh and by the way...40 is no different to 39, 38, 37 etc etc. You're as old as you feel. In my case 84.

seeker Wed 23-Jul-08 11:38:16

It's my birthday today as well. I would be DELIGHTED to get a card with '40" on it. Sadly, everyone I know remembers how old I am!

Happy Birthday, Kimi!!!!

Kimi Wed 23-Jul-08 21:38:12

Thank you all, I don't mind being 37 in the least, DP loves to make fun of my age as he is only 29 blush (I know I know)

He will be 30 next year and so I have a while to plot grin

When I am 40 (3 years time) I am going to have the mother of all partys!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now